• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 943

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What oil should be in the shaft? Looks like whoever had it before me replaced the oil with a lot of grease
For your climate SAE50 TO-4 oil, the same as what's used in the final drives. The original manual recommended TO-2 oil, but that specification has now been replaced by TO-4.
Don't you have an O&M Manual.? They come in pretty handy and aren't expensive, maybe $50 to download one from Cat.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Was thinking on this where Maye need do Both sides and make certain the bolting faces are as flat as possible.

orangepeanut

I don't have a manual yet but I will be getting one soon. We ended up getting it put back together. Teardown to completion took us 3 hours so it went surprisingly well and everything looked good. I appreciate all of y'all's help.

oarwhat

img_20230221_094614-jpg.280749

It sure looks like the track frame has a crack in it in this picture. Just below the pivot pin.

orangepeanut

Everything has been working good on it. Until I noticed a slight coolant leak, then I check it and find oil in the coolant. Not sure exactly where it's coming from, doesn't seem to loose any hydraulic, transmission or engine oil. I guess I'll be trying to figure this one out in the coming days.

Dave Neubert

Looks like just the bolts are broken remove track frame take pivot off and remove broken bolts you can then check pivot for wear it is just 2 bushings and a seal