• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 323D Pilot Issues

collins_br

Hi all. We’ve had a number of pilot hoses blow, one after another. Admittedly they were in poor condition, so we have replaced any others that looked bad. But again this morning there’s another leak coming from somewhere. I’m thinking that there may be something else going on. Any advice/experience welcome, where to check and adjust pressure etc.
BYM00234
Thanks
Brendan

Last edited:

collins_br

Thanks for the info, I suppose it could just be that they’ve reached the end of their life!!!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
How many hours are on the machine. What I've experienced is that hydraulic hoses and plastic tubing have a working life around 6,000 hours. That generally means that you may start seeing failures at around that point.

collins_br

It has over double 6k hours, at this stage it’s probably safe to say that it was just rotten hoses. I was suspicious when they blew, one after another. It worked the last 2 days (mostly rock breaking) and no issues.
Thanks for the help.
Brendan