• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312B no high speed travel

DEMLONE70

When the monitor is in service mode the travel selection button don't work to select the travel mode.
Under what service mode u see its stay LOW ?
U need to select first RABBIT MODE before u go in SERVICE MODE to test FAST travel

CatKC

When the monitor is in service mode the travel selection button don't work to select the travel mode.
Under what service mode u see its stay LOW ?
U need to select first RABBIT MODE before u go in SERVICE MODE to test FAST travel

I -always- put it in RABBIT SPEED -before- going into SERVICE MODE. No settings can be changed once you are in SERVICE.
The -first- display when SERVICE MODE activates is the indicator for SPEED which -always- displays "1" LOW whether the engine is running or off.
If there is -no hydraulic sensors/pressures to affect the indicator, shouldn't it display "2" HIGH ?

DEMLONE70

Enter service code 10. The character display will show the operating conditions for the automatic travel speed change:

101 - This number indicates the LOW speed mode.

102 - This number indicates the HIGH speed mode

CatKC

Enter service code 10. The character display will show the operating conditions for the automatic travel speed change:

101 - This number indicates the LOW speed mode.

102 - This number indicates the HIGH speed mode

-This- is what I have been referring to from the first post.
This is the indicator that shows "1" LOW.
This is what I have asked about.
This is the code.
This is the FIRST code that shows after going into SERVICE MODE.
The "1" is the FIRST number of the code.
The "0" is the SECOND number
The "1" INDICATES LOW.
Apparently you don't understand what I have been writing.

Does anyone know -IF- the DISPLAY should read "2" HIGH when accessing SERVICE MODE and the engine -not running- ?
If -YES-, what suggestions do you have for -causes- ?

DEMLONE70

Maybe u should explain things better
Every test need to be done with engine on
102 indicates high speed mode
Do the test when u travel

CatKC

Maybe u should explain things better
Every test need to be done with engine on
102 indicates high speed mode
Do the test when u travel

From my FIRST entry
Checking things in SERVICE MODE it -will- travel fast when I set 16-13 (travel pressure switch). There are no error codes.
However, the STATUS OF TRAVEL SPEED SWITCH (10) always shows - "1" LOW - even when the CONSOLE shows RABBIT. (engine running or not)
The travel has been working and switching back/forth, but just quit.

Thank you anyway for your responses.