• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 277C No Right Stick Controls - Driver Warning Light Flashing, no Alarm (USMC Equipment)

Callum Campbell

Trying to diagnose a Marine Corps skid loader. Driving controls work, bucket controls (right stick) do not, and tool controls (auxiliary controls) seem to work. The driver warning light is flashing, there is no alarm/buzzer. The battalion has a CAT computer but it's out of date so we can't read the code.

I read somewhere that it's possibly the hydraulic speed sensor but I can't find it on the loader and can't find a schematic.

Any ideas?

Callum Campbell

This is what the panel looks like (not from our machine though). I'm not sure where the Cat serial number would be... the military uses their own 'serial number' system.

DL5738ZS.JPG

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Funny story. I rented a spread of Cat equipment to the USMC when they were building a road on Annette Island, mid 90’s. Training exercise and the Village of Metlakatla was getting a “free” road out of the deal.

The Marines, bless their hearts, destroyed the cab interiors. Broke the switches, joysticks, hydraulic safety levers, bent the handles on the excavator foot controls and everything that had a button or moved. Seat adjustment levers, front windshields.

They were very aggressive with anything they touched. That’s fine. I made a lot of O/T fixing the stuff they tore up. Great guys.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry, that RH location was for older models. Try looking in the area around the arrow "1" on the LH side. You're looking for the Product Identification Number on line C. It should begin with "CAT0277C" followed by 4 characters (the last three of which might well be "KCC") then 5 more digits at the end. See the example below.

upload_2022-9-16_12-9-23.png

upload_2022-9-16_12-3-1.pngupload_2022-9-16_12-4-31.png