• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 259d Door sensor issue Fault Code 2471 - 4

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you have a 2471-3 Code the implements (bucket lift/tilt) should not work. Is that what is happening.?

are you accessing the Codes via the panel in the upper RH corner of the cab.? If so have you checked everything that may be Active on the lists.?

Nige

I've ohmed the switch wires and the switch seems good. Is the switch a momentary switch that flashes the computer to tell the machine to run in turtle or rabbit?
The switch has nothing to do with turtle/rabbit controls AFAIK. It controls the lockouts for the implements. See illustration below which is with the door OPEN.

The twowires on the left are connected to the ECM. When the door is either closed or open one contact of the switch should be connected to ground and the other should be open circuit. Generally the code is created if BOTH switch contacts are showing ground or if both are showing Open at the same time.

1714408596332.png

Richard!

The switch has nothing to do with turtle/rabbit controls AFAIK. It controls the lockouts for the implements. See illustration below which is with the door OPEN.

The twowires on the left are connected to the ECM. When the door is either closed or open one contact of the switch should be connected to ground and the other should be open circuit. Generally the code is created if BOTH switch contacts are showing ground or if both are showing Open at the same time.

View attachment 311215
I'm sorry. I meant I ohmed the 2 speed switch on the left joystick . It's only show continuity when the switch is held in

Nige

That's my codes. Getting codes off of right side panel
OK, I'm starting to follow you.
There are 4 modes for accessing Codes/Events in that RH panel - Active Codes, Active Events, Logged Codes, & Logged Events.
Which Mode(s) are you going into to produce your list above.? It must be more than one because there is an Event (E361-1) mixed up with Diagnostic Codes and they appear in different menus. The modes are as follows: -

Service Mode 1 displays the Active Diagnostic Codes (this mode is entered automatically when you get into the service menu).
Service Mode 2 displays the Logged Diagnostic Codes.
Service Mode 3 displays the Active Events.
Service Mode 4 displays the Logged Event

So as you can see you should be interested in Modes 1 & 3, because the other modes are not Active.

Nige

Mode 1 - 91-4
Mode 2 - 444-5
Mode 3 - nothing
Mode 4 - E391- 1
OK, so you can forget Modes 2 & 4 for the because everything they contain is historic (Logged).

So from what you listed above only 91-4 is Active.

What happened to the 2471-3, 91-4 & 91-8 from your first list.?
Even if they were not Active they should have been displayed in Mode 2.
I hope you scrolled all the way through the displayed list for each Mode until it eventually came back to the first Code/Event on the list.? I don't think that Monitor scrolls automatically but I might be wrong.

91-4 is related to the TPS. See the attachment.
You are most likely going to need the electrical schematic to help you with the troubleshooting. Post a Serial Number to identify the correct one.

Attachments

• MID039 CID0091 FMI04.pdf
    123.5 KB · Views: 3

Nige

Mode 2- 444-5 - 91-3 - 91-4 - 91-8 - 2471-3
Ah-ha......!! And there we have it. No big deal but it's worthwhile even if only to gain experience navigating through the menus. At least they are all Logged.

Interesting to note that 91-4 has obviously been present before, then disappeared for a while (that's why it is also listed in Mode 2), and now it's back Active again.

Time to break out the troubleshooting procedure from a couple of posts above in that case.