• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 226b thumb wheel switch replacement

wriggconst

Thanks, I will take mine apart and try to repair it. I can't hardly believe that a replacement switch is not available.

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
ibelieve they were specially made just for caterpillar and not available on open market

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
well not all hope is lost, it is possible to repair them. if anyone is willing to ship their thumbswitch to me, ill gladly fix it for them.

wriggconst

I will be going back to the machine in a couple weeks and take it out. I'll take it out and look it over. l may send it to you if I can't fix it. Thanks Wayne

Johnny Albarado

Has anyone found an aftermarket thumb wheel switch that works on a cat 226b skid steer it's on the right joystick . Mine has gone completely missing and the replacement is cost too much. Is there any alternative switch that can work in its place to get the auxiliary working again. Even the the data sheet for the switch would be useful.

Johnny Albarado

Has anyone found an aftermarket thumb wheel switch that works on a cat 226b skid steer it's on the right joystick . Mine has gone completely missing and the replacement is cost too much. Is there any alternative switch that can work in its place to get the auxiliary working again. Even the the data sheet for the switch would be useful.
Any leads on thumb wheel?

wriggconst

I will be going back to the machine in a couple weeks and take it out. I'll take it out and look it over. l may send it to you if I can't fix it. Thanks Wayne
Do I just cut the wires or is there some other to get it out? Thanks,Wayne

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
For those who are wanting to send me their thumbwheel switches, i want to make it very clear that i am by no means an expert at any of this nor do i guarantee that ill be able to fix your switch. I WILL try my best to fix them. Im saying this now bcuz i dont want to mislead anyone or have anyone get their hopes up in the event that im unsuccessful at fixing it.

Goncolgo

257B2
My thumb switch is a little stiff, is there a lubricant that can smooth out the action? If there are any updates on an available replacement switch I’d like to keep updated.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
257B2
My thumb switch is a little stiff, is there a lubricant that can smooth out the action? If there are any updates on an available replacement switch I’d like to keep updated.
Try some type of silicone spray. Failing that you may have to (very carefully if the switch is working at the moment) disassemble the switch and clean it inside.