• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case sv185 huge dissapointment

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
This is the problem I have right now in my situation.....the customer had a legitimate problem from the word go. Not only should his machine have had the larger cylinders on it, but it also had a relief valve not holding proper pressure, so it was really performing like a POS. We fixed the relief, and then installed the new cylinders, but to put it bluntly, I now think the guy just has a hard-on for this machine, even though the performance is much better than when we started. And now, the machine, in his eyes, isn't as responsive on the controls as his old machine (the SV is mechancial H pattern). I have tried to explain the difference in the way the linkage is made on the handles, but he thinks there is something wrong with the machine.

I ultimately want the customer to be satisfied with his purchase, but have I met my obligation as a dealer by making the machine perform to its full potential, with it now being in Case's hands to pony up and eat some of the cost if I have to take the machine back and/or trade him out of it? Again, just wondering what you guys think as consumers.

What are his complaints about the machine? Maybe let him run another mechanical linkage machine to compare for himself. I think ultimately you try to do what you can to make the customer happy (goes without saying), if you believe that the customer has lost his ability to be objective and truely "has a hard on for this machine" then you (dealer)and or CASE have to decide the value of the relationship. Making him happy will cost some money (from both your dealership and CASE), how much I guess depends on what will make the customer happy. If a different 185 will make him happy, and you take his in as a used machine and resale it, that might be acceptable to all those concerned. Other options cost more money and become more difficult. I went from a 85XT to a 95XT and that was a considerably jump in price, but that was CASE's only option (other than putting a turbo on the 85XT from the beginning).