• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case M Series

george39

580sm stabilizers

Anybody need any help with a Case M series 2 Backhoe? If so please ask and I will try my best to answer any questions.
I have a 580sm/2 with the pilot controls,the stabilizers raise and lower at different speeds one being fairly slow,is there an adjustment for this,thanks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums george39! :drinkup

Achim

590 sm series 2 hydraulic problem

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I own a 2005 590 sm series 2, it has 650 hours on it, bought it with about 600 hours. The steering and loader functions are weak. Have to rev the engine to lift or steer with a full bucket. Any ideas? By the way this forum is awesome, lots of info, Thanks

delly

I just bought a 2007 580 super m+ it wont pull itself down the road in 4th and doesnt push as much as my 2006 super m does like in 1st or 2nd. When you shift into forward or reverse and step on the throttle it starts moving slowly and after 2 seconds takes off. I was wondering if its a tranny problem or horse power problem or if the m+ are just gutless because the extra weight.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
It sounds like you have a problem delly.
Powershift or Shuttleshift? How many hours on it?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Last edited:

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
Case has been good to me, have had 4 case backhoes in my family. Love my super m. It's going in next month to get new Buschings in the rear of the back in April. The ride control is going to get looked at too. I have yet to buy the new n series. Tested them out, and it was great way nicer then my super m.

Case 580sm

Tinkerer

Snowycuda hasn't logged onto HEF in 14 years. I doubt you will get any help from him,
No glow plugs.
580M's could have a cold weather assist kit on them. It is an ether injector.
Or an electric block heater.
Or neither of the two depending on what was put on it when it was new.