• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850K won't move foward or reverse

fxdwg

Bush- as an add to more information, the New Holland Dozers in that vintage are rebranded Case's, so they should also take the same joystick. I've been told the Case dealers won't talk to you if a New Holland owner comes in and it takes for ever to get parts thru the New Holland dealer. It was almost a year to get a dash for mine. My dealer kept getting a run around about when it was going to get there and then they got hammered for double what the original cost was when they got it. Fortunately for me, they'd agreed to replace the dash as part of my buying the unit, so I wasn't affected too much by all that.

Dale Janda

I have an 850K XLT cab machine that is giving me a similar problem as the original poster. No fault codes can be read and only the NO CAN shows up with the machine hours and NS hrs. Also the yellow hyd warning symbol shows up when key is on and or machine is started. jpystcik does not function and gear selection needle does not move.
Checked the safety levers with the left one showing both green and orange but right does not show green unless messed with. I assuming its just and led issue since the lever functions as it should?
I checked all fuses and am going to go back and replace with all new fuses since thats cheap and easy.
The next thing I found was that my deutsch 9 pin is as follows:
key off: C&D read 116 ohms so inline resistor seems good.
key on: B is 0.0volts, C is 2.9 volts and D is 1.5 volts.
Not sure why Im not getting power to B?
Also I should mention that we had a no can issue about 4 years ago and we replaced the joystick controller which solved the problem then. I would hope with less than 300 hrs since then it would not have went bad again.

Dale Janda

Got it figured out, well the no can part anyway. Turns out when I replaced the relay for the travel control (first thing I did) and plugged the new one back in, it did not connect to one of the spade connectors that had pushed out the back of the mounting block. Still dont have any voltage reading on B at the 9 pin connector though. But dozer is running and moving as it did before the no can problem.

JVRatc2

When you say "stuck in first gear," is that first speed on the thumb switches? I read somewhere that the dealer can get you those parts. When you say "turns fine," does it turn at the full speed or same speed as it moves forward and reverse. Will it counter-rotate when the stick is full left or right?
Bush_S2k, have you been able to successfully repair one of those joysticks yet? I have two from a case 650K series 3 I could get you to work one of them.

HATCHEQUIP

I was looking for some case---ZF diagnostic harnesses and testers and a link came up for this thread . Had to read it . Your the man GaryHoff..

Jesse Huffman

No can means that the controllers can't communicate. On the 9 pin deutsch diagnostic connector, check pins C & D, with the key off. Should have 120 ohms. If not, there is a can resistor inline in the harness under the dash that sometimes burns out.

With key on, A should be ground, and B should be 12v. C should be 2.4volts , and D should be 2.6 volts.

Advise with test results.

**The 9 pin deutsch connector should be under the left side door by the fuse box.

** one of the last posts, they found some rubbed wires at the joystick.
Can some one help me. I have been reading this post and mine is doing same thing and can figure it out