• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 75XT problem

GMC Driver

Hello all,

I don't post much, but do come to snoop around abit. I really like this site, and I know Steve from another forum about snow plowing.

I have a 75XT skidsteer, with around 2700 hours on it. It came with the hydraulic quick connect for the bucket/forks/other tools. It has usually worked flawlessley until recently. It seems you need to cycle the tilt and lift hydraulics repeatedly while holding the coupler switch before the pins will move. It gets worse when it's cold - in the heated shop, it will work right away, but once it's outside, it runs into problems.

I have even taken the electromagnetic valve out and bench tested it - it works fine, so I know that the valve is being actuated. Somewhere, something is not allowing the pins to lift as they should.

Any ideas?

GMC Driver

Hi Steve,

Ya - it does it all the time.

I might have been a bit hasty. I pulled the supply hoses going to the hydraulic coupler - there is a valve distribution manifold down on the coupler plate. Once the hoses were off, we could verify that the electromagnetic valve was working, as the oil supply would switch back and forth between the supply hoses once the coupler switch was activated.

So I pulled off the distibution manifold, and took it all apart, and cleaned it all out. One of the valves inside the manifold was a little sticky, but after cleaning it all it worked freely.

Put it back together, re-installed it, and everything is back to normal again. It's all working fine. Glad is was something simple, and glad to have it finally figured out for now. I'll keep you posted if it arises again.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Glad to hear it was a simple fix!

Do you find the auto coupler saves you much time? I didn't think to get it on my machine and as it turns out, nearly all my attachments require me to get out of the machine to connect hoses and control cables anyway, so I wonder if it would be worthwhile?

GMC Driver

Other than this problem, it has worked flawlessly, Steve.

As far as saving time, it has proven to be invaluable. It is so nice to be able to swap between forks and bucket, bucket and auger, auger and lanscape rake or sweeper at the touch of a button. We find that on the job, we are switching back and forth quite a bit.

From past experience, I have seen that lazy operators (not all operators, just the lazy ones) will always call some one over or get someone close to pull the pins rather than get out of the machine themselves. Instead of every switch becoming a two man job, it makes every switch easy, and doesn't tie up help unecessarly to do a simple task. I just got sick of getting angered every time a tool needed to be switched.

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have been ordering it on every machine I buy since they came out with it. I think it is invaluable. Especially if you have a cab. I also have a number of attachments that require hyd. connections but its still better than jumping up and down on hand levers and prying them up when they are froze. The hyd coupler is a great feature.