• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 580ck lost loader hydraulics

Delmer

What does "port" lift cylinder lines mean? Does that mean the lines on the left loader boom lift cylinder get warm? but not the right one? that would pretty much mean you'll be taking apart that cylinder to fix the issue, and that jives with the piston coming off from a shock while backdragging. maybe not even a shock, just worked the bolt loose?

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
If the left cylinder lines are getting hot find out whats wrong with it, it is probably a simple fix, possible broken bolt or screwed out.

Last edited:

kabuti

You said the hoe wasn't being used, is it hydraulically hooked up so you can check its functions? If the hoe functions and puts a load on the engine when cylinders are bottomed then the problem is probably not in the drive coupler or the main relief even though it is contained in the loader valve. If you take the main relief apart do not disturb the acorn nut settings, just remove the whole body and retrieve the spring and plunger internal to the loader valve. inspect the screen and clean it thoroughly the plunger has a very tiny orfice that if plugged will kill the whole hydraulic system, only once in all of them that I have worked on have I seen one that the screen came off and jammed the plunger open.

As far as the cylinders I would do a simple heat test on them, have someone run the machine at high idle and hold the hoses with the loader valve in raise mode and after a few minutes if you have a cylinder problem the hoses to the leaky cylinder will start to warm up. Sometimes your senses will tell you as much as a fancy test instrument which most do not have access to, also test your loader bucket cylinders the same way, also the hydra leveling cylinder.
I tested Exactly as you said & removed the affected cylinder, the bolt inside had come loose & fell off20201229_120428.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Take to any reputable Hydraulics shop they will repair your cylinder or go to a equipment scrap yard and buy a used one. Doubtful the other side will be any better, would recommend pulling it for inspect too or may be back doing this shortly.

kabuti

i had them worked on by a guy advertising on craigslist about 6yrs ago so maybe he didnt tighten it well? He did them right here & i 'helped'. I'm taking it to be serviced next week, i think it is rebuildable but the bolt was damaged slightly(threads need chased) & washer needs replacing. Thanks

Delmer

If he had that piston off then, then I'd sure blame him for it coming off. I can't see anything from that cylinder, but I wouldn't hesitate to put it back together if you've looked it over and don't see any damage. It's not like you're using this over people working, or making your living with it.

kabuti

yes, he had it all apart. i'll post some pics. i need some new lines made so i have to go to the service shop anyway, maybe i can get all the new O-rings & seals there plus a new washer & do it myself

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
yes, he had it all apart. i'll post some pics. i need some new lines made so i have to go to the service shop anyway, maybe i can get all the new O-rings & seals there plus a new washer & do it myself
I always clean and dry the threads on the bolt and clean and dry the rod threaded area, after installing the piston I put Red Loctite on the threaded areas and assemble, I never put them together without it.

Last edited: