• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580C rear end problem?

fishfighter

New seals, ring gear bolt kit and shims too!

I will mount a big magnet in the sump with some epoxy for just in case if there is any metal floating around. I did flush it a few more times, and I'm sure everything is very clean.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
Thats what i did. I also changed the oil after a 100 hours after the repair just to be on the safe side

fishfighter

Just got a email from the place I ordered the gears. They now telling me they have them on back order. WTH after a week+ wait. No time table to get them in. I'm mad as hell. Cancel that order all together and will be shopping some place else.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
That sucks man. I never had trouble with reliable. There is another listing on ebay as well. Im sure i can find it when i get home from work

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
I have had great service from Dale Weiss at Tractorstuff. Give them a try for your parts. Tractorstuff is located in Indiana but ships all over the place. I am in Canada on the west coast and received some shipments in 5 days via USPS. Doesn't get better than that unless you go courier.
I understand Coleman's is also reliable and reasonable for parts. You could try them for a comparison.

Grady

Congratulations on getting it back in service. How did the repair go? Any problems? Hints? Where did you end up getting parts?

PUMPKINMAN

Heard a thumping noise in the rear end pulled the cover and had a couple of teeth missing on the pinion gear of my CASE580CK. Any recommendation to approach this job? Can you replace the 'ring and pinion' in place or do I have to pull transaxle? Also, does anyone have a link of the manual? What's the best place to order the parts?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Heard a thumping noise in the rear end pulled the cover and had a couple of teeth missing on the pinion gear of my CASE580CK. Any recommendation to approach this job? Can you replace the 'ring and pinion' in place or do I have to pull transaxle? Also, does anyone have a link of the manual? What's the best place to order the parts?
If it's a straight 580ck then you'll have to drop the backhoe off and split the machine to replace the ring gear and pinion.

russellwallace

Hello everyone new to the site excuse me if I’m on the wrong thread. I have the differential of my 580 C apart. This question may have been answered and if so I apologize and if so, maybe someone could direct me to the thread. I can’t seem to get, the rolling torque correct on the gear itself I can get the backlash on the ring and pinion correct but I have no shims in the right hand side, bearing carrier or brake plate. I would love to have someone’s phone number that could talk me through what I’m doing wrong .