• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845C Bucket, What Will and Won't Fit?

Jeepwalker

Hi,

I'm looking for a 72" toothed bucket and a local guy I know has a few buckets sitting behind his shed of different types, sizes and ages. He didn't really know what he had back there. He said c'mon over and see if I can find one that will work.

Here's the rub, I'm fairly new at this, never bought a bucket for this S/S before and I know he's had a few different types of machines, Bobcats (for sure) and others over the years. My question is when I'm looking at the buckets, what measurements do I need to take to determine if it'll fit or not? My 1845C was built in 1989. And are there certain cues that will tell me right away if a certain bucket WON'T fit?

Thanks,

Jeepwalker

Last edited:

maddog

Does your machine have the SS quick attach? If so then pretty much any SS bucket will work, just make sure it's not for the mini SSes. If the bucket is cheap enough and you have access to a welder you can buy the blank plates for quick SS hook ups and build just about anything ya want.

mike s

Occupation
Excavating/Snow Removal
I would just make sure what ever one you choose fits nice on the machine. Take your machine and try them all on! My personal pref is a low pro/long bottom with a rolled back that is just a little wider then the machine. Good luck!

Jeepwalker

It's got a handle on either side of the mounting plate where it attaches to the bucket. To be honest, I haven't had the need to remove the bucket up to this point.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It's got a handle on either side of the mounting plate where it attaches to the bucket. To be honest, I haven't had the need to remove the bucket up to this point.

Then it sounds like your golden "IF" the buckets this guy has are also the quick attach style. We have a Bobcat a Case 1845C and a JCB and the buckets all interchange.

Jeepwalker

Ok I went over to where the S/S is stored and measured the mount: 44" wide, and about 31-32" wide on the pins. So, from what I was able to find, that looks like a standard mount. I wonder if a previous owner converted it over, or if it could have been ordered that way?

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
On your 1845C the only issue my buddy and I have is (when we try to swap attachments ) is that the drop pins DO NOT line-up .... on the 1845 they are quite a bit narrower. ....... but having said that, most all after market buckets have a longer rectangular hole where the pins drop in that will fit both widths ...... also watch how tight it fits (up & down) the Case can have a bit of excess play, making for a sloppy fit that the tappered pins will not take up the play ............

I just finished fitting my old snowblower on an '89 1840 and that's a whole new can of worms .... the mounting plate is way narrower than the 1845C and the drop pins also are not like anything else ..... not a challenge for me but once I retrofitted it to the 1840 it WILL NOT work on anything but that one ..... hope yours is not that one ......Good-luck