• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can you use a diesel transfer pump to pump as 46 hydraulic oil

bigrich954rr

I have my diesel transfer pump I use for pumping out of my slip tank into the equipment I believe it is fill right. Push the little sliver button switch and it runs till you shut it off type.

Think it will work to pump a 46 weight hydraulic oil out of the 55 gallon drum ?

crane operator

I've done it with a 110volt one, but never a 12volt one. Might check that the pump motor isn't getting too warm as your running. Stop halfway and let it cool down.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Maybe if its pretty warm. I tried 10wt hyd oil when it was around 50F, pulled motor down and got really hot fast.

bigrich954rr

Copy will put the mr heater on the barrel. And give it a shot I’m open to taking breaks to to let the motor cool down.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I use a hand crank barrel pump all the time. It was meant for gasoline but handles hydraulic oil and diesel all the time.