• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can rubber track machine push snow

Linkbelt HC

Occupation
Instructing Mobile Crane Apprentices
CTL for snow pushing

Hey all;

We have a JD 322 CTL we use at work for small snow removal jobs. Yes, I hear what you're saying about tires but with a little care and coaxing, using a one size larger smooth lip bucket we have pretty good success clearing and stock piling the snow in our yard.

UNCLETONY

ASV (terex) are the only ctls that I would use to push snow. The ASV track was developed for snow and then I believe cat purchased the rights or stole the style. I can tell you for a fact that my Gehl CTL is TERRIBLE in snow. I chose not to plow snow with it commercially because it was so bad. It is the same machine as the Takeuchi and Mustang CTL's so cross those off the list. Since ASV was purchased by Terex I would be hesitant to buy one. The dealer network has shriveled and I personally would have to drive an hour and half before I see a dealer. If you have a Terex dealer close I would try out one of their machines or buy an older ASV (they are going for cheap). Otherwise I would only buy a Cat CTL to push snow.

UNCLE T