• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can I pull a RD7 to see if the big motor is stuck

Doug Briggs

My RD7 has a stuck pony motor, which I will remove and repair, can I pull it or how else can I see if the big motor turns it has a front mount hyd pump

56wrench

Can you reach in and grab a fan blade and attemp to turn it if the fan belt is tight enough?

Dave Neubert

If you got something that will pull it you can put the transmission in a high gear and release the clutch then engage the clutch once rolling

Doug Briggs

How do I get the 2 bolts out that hold the pony motor clutch housing to the diesel block when I don't have a top cover on the clutch housing and I can't get a socket in past the starting motor clutch ?

Old Magnet

That's strange, the early clutch housings had the three top bolts exposed, the later ones had two bolts accessible by removing the cover, third bolt is exposed.

Doug Briggs

ok mine has 3 exposed I have removed 13 from the pony to the block and 2 on the drive housing end and it still doesn't want to come off I haven't pried very hard for fear of hurting something maybe I need to get a little rougher