• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Burned trailer going down highway!!

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
See now that is why people think truckers are, cowboy hicks that could care less about human lives, because people do **** like that! I mean come on the driver should of refused that load, just in the count of having morals. **** like that burns my hide.:mad: :mad:

Okay off soap box for now.:D

Dualie

now I don't know how fast he was traveling but what do you want them to do hand wreck it on the side of the highway? it looks like the cross chained the frame and unloaded the trailer. The only other option would be cut the axles and dock bumper off and load it backwards on a sliding axle trailer. to do that would require the road to be closed while they T boned it from both sides with two wreckers.

If he wasn't going 75MPH the chains were bridging the load and keeping the empty trailer together. that's perfectly acceptable way to tow it at 45 MPH strait to the scrap yard.

Obviously that was rigged by a tower who knew what he was doing.

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
part time excavator/backhoe operator
Not necessarily was he driving this from point A to point B. I've brought a few like this in myself. My father in law use to have a large dealership, IH truck, chrysler and Dodge, plus 13 heavy wreckers, A few times he called and asked me to run back to his shop trucks and trailers in a similar situation. OF course the state police would follow us back just to make sure nothing more would happen. This is very common and not uncommon to see, where axles are chained up and trucks ordered to nearest parking lot, dealership or equivalent.

544D10

Occupation
Lucas & Mercier Construction Co.
Yup, love my 98 Outback. My dad gave it to me when he retired, before that my daily driver was a 68 Mustang fastback.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
he was an asian driver wasn't he

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I don't think it matters much what ethnicity the driver is, it still looks unsafe to me. The side rail, which is what gives a box trailer it's structural integrity is burned off. From what I see, those chains are holding the axle carriage to the trailer, not holding the axle up. My feeling is it should have been trailered. One good bump and the whole thing falls apart.