• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bull Mixa

Grader4me

Hi Squizzy, Never seen anything like that before. I have a stupid question..If you was mixing cement how could you tell is your mixing ratios were exact? I know that is not what you are using it for, but I'm just curious.

Wonder how strong it is and how many times it could be drove into the hard ground gathering up material (by a less experienced operator) before it bends/buckles.

Last edited:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Hi Squizzy, Never seen anything like that before. I have a stupid question..If you was mixing cement how could you tell is your mixing ratios were exact? I know that is not what you are using it for, but I'm just curious.

Wonder how strong it is and how many times it could be drove into the hard ground gathering up material (by a less experienced operator) before it bends/buckles.

Thats what I was thinking in terms of the mix quantities...if you nav around the site it appears they have some method cause they talk about getting it full to the right amount.

On the strength bit you'd think it would have to be hell strong for fitment to a loader??:confused:

I sent them an e-mail so it should be interesting. I mean you can get a standard 3.5 cu/ft hydraulic mixer for your skid so this thing would have to have some serious advantages.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Well Duhh!! I read the text proper and they fit a separate load meter or a hydraulic pressure gauge which is a bit of a worry for our work since you need to measure by volume not weight to get the pour consistent...especially the colour when we add oxide to our poured limestone.

I'm thinking this might be a right PITA with a full cab (door) fitted to the machine....getting in and out all the time...who knows.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Once you made the conversion on volume to weight, you should be able to make your mix with the scale. It would take quite a bit of practice I'm sure to get it right the first time, and once you've gotten too much of the second material, what do you do then?

You could always measure the material by the shovelful like I do with Muller Mixers, this would ensure accuracy but would take away from the mechanization they claim. I'd also be concerned about long term durability if loading the drum by pushing into the pile. It would have to be constructed real heavy for it not to get damaged over time.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Got this in the email:

Squizzy, a .4m3 mixer will suit your Cat. Comes with life time warranty on main shaft and bearings, will mix 3m3 per hour.
cheers Todd.

In the pic you can see the hydraulic motor off to the left and a chain drive to the bowl. The whole weight must be on the shaft so it must be strong.

Attachments

• new_Bull Mixa.jpg
    new_Bull Mixa.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,614

Grader4me

Yeah, I hear you. It's to bad the company that is selling them doesn't have a used spare one that you could try/rent for awhile. Make the decision a whole lot easier.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
If freezing weather can be had in your area, I'd be hesitant about them. getting puched into a pile by a loader cant be good for them. Some masons i've seen in the area use an overhead bin w/ a slide door on the bottom. That seems to work pretty good for them.