• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bristand or britstand, anyone familiar with it?

brock38

Occupation
Retired
Britstand Grader AP41.

Hi Brock38.
I have a couple of Bristand graders. The newer one an AP41 is all hydraulic and has had the P6 engine replaced with a Perkins 6354. Unfortunately I cracked the bull gear which peeled off the pulley and punched a hole in the top of the tranny lid. I have been trying to locate another bullgear or complete transmission any ideas. I have beentold that some Oliver tractors have the same transmission but do not know which models nor wheel or track. Any ideas. This is a great little grader and very handy on our farm and would be great to see her going again.

PS The older model is a different transmission and has gear drive on the tandems. It would be a big job to convert I think.

Hello...... how are you keeping? I have a contact that lives in Sydney, and wants to talk to you about the Grader that you have.
He wants to buy one like yours !

please email me. brockw38@optusnet.com.au

PS. I lost your email address !

Slowmo

Occupation
Farmer
I have a Britstand Model 40 (AP.41) grader which I use for my farm tracks. It still has a P6 Perkins (reconditioned) and it starts easily which is not normal for the P6. I have the original Instruction Manual which has all the capacities and fairly detailed schematic diagrams. I have a few spares including a complete transmission which I think is operational.

Do you still have that transmission for the AP41? Please ring 0428954582

Slowmo

Occupation
Farmer
Hi we have Britstand scoop
View attachment 93120
And a 5 tyne hyd Britstand Rippers in our collection
John
View attachment 93121

Nice one John, Mine is a little bigger but without a working transmission I might have to tow it with the Case tractor too. Looks like you have a good collection of toys in the background. Do you have any Cletracs they also have an Oliver transmission? Philip

Graderfan1981

Does someone know what types of motorgraders Britstand has built?
I know "AP40" for example, but I have read about a HL 60.

Helen the farmer

Hi, I see this thread hasn't been used for a long time, however I am still hoping someone here maybe able to help me out as I am chasing a Manual for a britstand ap40 grader. Any assistance or guidance to where I can find one would be great. Thanks Helen

JimInOz

Hi, I see this thread hasn't been used for a long time, however I am still hoping someone here maybe able to help me out as I am chasing a Manual for a britstand ap40 grader. Any assistance or guidance to where I can find one would be great. Thanks Helen

I think previous poster BROCK might help you.He listed his number on his early posting.I know it's an old topic,but worth a try. Also see in PLOUGH BOOKS can help.

Thanks to John in QLD for the pics. I always wanted to see the ripper in action.