• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bridge laws

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
Can I legally transport 80K gross if I only am good for 66K by the bridge law as long as im not crossing a bridge??

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
in NC no. when you are on the interstate you must meet bridge law. off interstate you get a 10% tolerance but if you go over it you will be fined like your on the interstate . but each state is different

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Bridge formulas for trucks refer to the distance between the axles and not the idea of crossing bridges.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
They may have been about bridges in the forties and fifties but now they are all about revenue. I know for a fact that all the state patrol officers on the west coast can all figure it out for you.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I agree with John c.

Simple dot terms of ie. inner bridge, outer bridge etc. Leads me to believe that

Pj