• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

boom trouble with hyundai 290

naheed

just did a complete seal change on the main control valve of my hyundai 290 NLC-7, all went well apart from boom down function.
it works but has lost power and if you boom down doesnt lift the machine off the ground.
but if i do the same with arm out function it immediately lifts off ground.
do i have a wrong pipe somewhere??

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Naheed
Some occasions this can be a fault of the geometry a simple check you can make to see if this si the case, install a pressure gauge and stall boom down if you have full pressure it is a fact of geometry other wise its a case of fixing low pressure. Boom cylinders are limited by the small surface area of the rod side, this generates much less force than that of boom raise.
Kind raegrds
Uffex

naheed

nope i recall it would easily lift off the ground on idle!

what pressure should it run at?
about 320 bar?

naheed

hey uffex you were right it was a simple thing the main relief pressure had gone done, put it back up to 320 bar and problem solved!
think the pressure changed whiled replacing main relief o rings!

cheers and thanks for the help