• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T590

928G Boy

This is the M-Series replacement for the T190. T180 is being replaced with the T-580.

Release date is still about a year from now.

It's running around the Bobcat proving grounds right now.

That's all I've heard.

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
It's about time they replaced the T190, I hope they scrapped the old design and came up with something from scratch. The T190 was the biggest pig of a Bobcat I have ever owned.:Banghead

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Just out of curiosity ??? ... what do you mean by "biggest pig of a machine" ??? ........... up here I always heard that the T-190 was good but the radius lift 180 was a POS .... just wondering cause a buddy of mine was looking at those units ........

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Kraft, I bought a new T190 in '02, first track machine I ever owned. Three things I absolutely hated about it - very underpowered, very loud and it had this funky quirk where the hydraulics would stall - for lack of a better word, the engine wouldn't bog - sometimes when lifting a load. It's hard to explain it. The Bobcat dealer could never find the problem.

It was a cab w/ A/C and it was loud. Constant whining from the hyd's. That machine almost turned me away from rubber track loaders - until I demo'd a T250.;)

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
Our T190's are good machines. Agree with the loud factor though completely. They do have one major in my opinion and that is the lack of under body access points to remove mud and debris everything just stays in there until you tip it all the way back and spray everything out the rear across the motor. But all in all an average machine with a decent lift ability. Our Cats though are by far superior. 299C Ya!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I guess its all somewhat subjective. I have never owned a T-190 but I demoed three of them over the years from early to mid 2000 model year machines all new dealer machines. My opinion of it is the sooner they put a knife through the heart of that machine the better off everyone will be. It is loud the hyd noise was way excessive, the machine continually goes over relief simply by looking at pile of dirt, way underpowered, excessive feedback in the controls (AHC). Bobcat has sold a lot of them but in my world it was pathetic. Not looking for a fight over it, just giving my view of the machine. I am not a BC hater, just a T-190 hater.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I love my T190, great machine.

I might have come across a little harsh and I apologize for that.:eek: Just speaking of my experiences with that particular machine.

Not looking for a fight over it, just giving my view of the machine. I am not a BC hater, just a T-190 hater.

I'm a Bobcat guy and I didn't like that machine.;)

dave esterns

i have no confidence the 590 will meet my standard for skid steers these days. im sure it will be just another m series...

JCBiron

This is all very surprising to me, as the T190 is a very popular machine in my area. While I completely understand the fact that everyone has their own opinions, it is hard to imagine the lack of love for the T190 on here when I see so many of them in my territory. Who'd-a-thunk it?

dave esterns

i think the t190 was designed to be just a regular skid steer that can go places a skid steer cant. i dont think when they were designing it they looked much at dozing power and bucket breakout and such. u gotta remember the t190 (773 basically) was designed back when in cab noise was not really a factor; every machine was loud back then.

im not familiar with machines where just using the hydraulics for boom and bucket will bog the engine.

obviously a 299c would be comparing apples and oranges.

if you wanna talk about noise levels, any of the new ones are unacceptable with the exception on jcb of course

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
u gotta remember the t190 (773 basically) was designed back when in cab noise was not really a factor; every machine was loud back then.

No that was not the issue with the T190 I had. At the time I also had an 863 with cab A/C and it was much quieter. The hyd system whine was darn near unbearable. It probably did have something to do with Bobcat "making fit" an existing wheel machine into a track machine. Through history there have always been machines that weren't quite up to snuff and IMO the early '00 T190's fit that group. I haven't run a newer model so no opinion on those.

im not familiar with machines where just using the hydraulics for boom and bucket will bog the engine.

Like KSSS said, the hyd relief would would engage with a bucket of dirt ( better description than I gave;)). It wouldn't bog the engine, it just wouldn't lift the arms.:beatsme

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
We've had several T190's, and their drive system is far more noisy than a 773G wheel machine. And it seems to me that the T190 is a rough ride, near unbearable when they get wear on inside of rubber tracks at contact point with bottom rollers. We had one with terribly worn tracks, machine shook so much we nicknamed it "the vibratory loader".

928G Boy

I look at my T190 like I look at an old willies Jeep, it's not the most comfortable little thing, it's pretty noisy and I guess you could call it unrefined but it helps me win battles on every jobsite it goes. It's a little warrior, that's why there's practically a million of 'em out there. Mine's at 6400 hours and counting. The T590 has some big shoes to fill.

pholt34

2 cents from a chicken farmer

Well I thought I would add my 2 cent for what it is worth. I absolutely love my 06 T-190 w/ 1720 hrs, only BC I ever owned, even though I had and have a few issues with it (thats what brought me to this site). My ol man and grandfather both have 1840's that I have been running since I was 12-13 and it will out perform them 5 times over. I use mine to clean out my chicken houses. I bought the T-190 b/c it was the largest cab-a/c tracked BC that would still fit under the equipment lines without destroying everything. Still have to be careful though, I have broken 1 feed pan, 2 fogger lines, and 3-4 ceiling straps over the past yr and a half loading inside with my 96" quick dump bucket (dont even think about it unless you are extremely confident or really stupid). And yes I know its not rated for it, and yes it is absolutely all the lil 56 hp wants. I really bought the ginormous bucket to push the material from the far end to the front door (500') which it does fairly well.

When I bought it in early '11 with 14??hrs at an auction, all the filters were engraved that they were changed in '08 @ 13?? hrs, and thought I really got a pretty good buy on it. Got it home and realized it had a remaned engine (tag was on pump side of engine), which kinda concerned me a lil. All seemed fine until I used it long enough to get the operating temp up then the oil press light came on. Wholly f-in shyt what kind of POS have i bought! Long story short, installed a gauge, bout 22 psi @ idle, like 40 psi @ speed, new oil sending unit, all was good to go! Moral of the story is check the actual oil press before letting some moron mechanic convince you to spend $???k on a reman only to have same prob then let it set for 3 yrs and finally decide to auction it! First time I ever lucked out on something like that, did I mention EVER!

Found this site to adjust creep. After reading Willies excellent thread (many thx my good sir), it looks like RH arm is loose on pump shaft. Im bout to find out for sure after i type this. And the LH drive started leaking hyd oil behind the sprocket a couple months ago and is steadily getting worse, not horrible but a bucket of oil is $50! Leaks bout a gal or so every 2-3 hrs. So that will be my 2nd post. How to change the drive mtr seal??? And today I noticed the RH rear idler is starting to wear grooves on the perimeter from the track??? All other idlers look good, RH & LH. Is the track a little too tight? Prob loosen it up a bit in a min just to try it.

Is it loud? Yes, windows rattle and some hyd wine, dont really bother me with headphones on. Does it ride rough? On hard ground, concrete, bare CH floor, yes it will vibrate your eyeballs at 1/2-3/4 speeds! Tends to smooth out some at full speed. Noise levels triple. I try to just take it easy, but I wish it was a spring ride. (anyone know if it can it be retrofitted?) On soft ground like sand, mud, and on top of litter it is smooth as glass and nowhere near as loud. Even on fields / grass it is not unbearable. I suppose it is a lil under powered, lifts a full 60" dirt bucket with no prob at all. Pushes the 96" QD through 6-8" dry in-house chicken poo with lil issues, but it does work the pizz out of it. Does ok loading dry material (not for novices, especially inside!) x6 heaping buckets fills spreader truck in no time flat. Not real wise to use the 96" to load old wet piles that have been sitting in the weather for a couple months. Work it just right and it might lift it, but tipsy doesn't describe it. Can you say "faceplant", I haven't yet but it has tipped over into the truck bed a couple times, definitely not for faint of heart. Just too much for it, I normally use the dirt bucket on the wet stuff. Windrows litter with a Preifert 7' blade just about as fast as you wanna run. I even use the blade on my loading pad / driveways, but it will not cut hard earth at all, but hey its not a D5 cat. All in all, love it! BC's are the only machines I know of with rounded cab edges so it doesn't hang stuff in the chicken house. Actually there is not really any protrusions on the machine (huge issue in a CH). I have yet to find another machine out there that would work any better for what I use my T-190 for.

Bobcatdan

The T190 was the first ground up track machine bobcat designed. 864/T200 are modified 863. I will admit T190s are getting long in the tooth, but are still tough strong machines. I would have to say there are more T190 then any other bobcat track machines. A T190 is actually underrated, they will lift closer to 2400 lbs, but where rated at 1900 to not show up T200 that where still in production at the time. Yeah they are loud, espesically when the tracks get wear. For those saying they are under powered, you simply need a bigger machine, T190 are 66 hp MID frame machines. I would expect T590 to be simply smaller versions of a T650.

A G X

If the t590 performs as well as my t190 with out the problems and rough ride I will be happy to buy one and the fact that I can only run bobcat controls has me stuck on bobcats

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The T190 was the first ground up track machine bobcat designed. 864/T200 are modified 863. I will admit T190s are getting long in the tooth, but are still tough strong machines. I would have to say there are more T190 then any other bobcat track machines. A T190 is actually underrated, they will lift closer to 2400 lbs, but where rated at 1900 to not show up T200 that where still in production at the time. Yeah they are loud, espesically when the tracks get wear. For those saying they are under powered, you simply need a bigger machine, T190 are 66 hp MID frame machines. I would expect T590 to be simply smaller versions of a T650.

I believe that the T-190 started out life at 56 hp. Only the more recent machines have the power upgrade. The T-190 will lift no issues there. Maybe its our alt. but I found them miserably underpowered.

Bobcatdan

Your post made me wonder so I had to look it up quick, yes the earlier ones where 56hp. The engine has changed I think three times, mostly to meet different tier levels. I'm pretty sure all K series are 66 hp.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
For those saying they are under powered, you simply need a bigger machine, T190 are 66 hp MID frame machines .

I respectfully disagree. A machine should be able to handle the bucket that is rated for it. The T190 I had would struggle with it's bucket, from cutting to pushing to loading. When I bought that machine new in '03, I had the Bobcat salesman and mechanics out to check the machine only to be told their was nothing wrong.:cool:

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have sent it back. When I traded the T190 for my current S250 in '07, the dealer wasn't excited about getting another used one since they already had so many.:cool2

Maybe its our alt. but I found them miserably underpowered.

Mine was very underpowered at 500 FT, I don't think it's your alt.

Last edited: