• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T190 Maintenance Help

slowhand

I recently purchased a 2002 Bobcat T190 with 1275 hours on it. Before I put the machine to work, I'd like to perform all of the preventative maintenance as all of the filters currently have 2013 as the last service date. So far I've changed the oil and filter, the air filters, both cabin filters, the fuel filter and greased all of the fittings. Next I would like to change the hydraulic fluid and filter, but I'm not exactly sure how to do this. The manual says pump out the hydraulic fluid, but I'm unsure as to how to go about doing this. Can anyone provide step by step instructions and what they would use to pump the fluid out with?

Also, what other hydraulic filters need changed besides the one in the engine compartment? Anything I should know about those filters? Can you provide step by step instructions? I will also need to change the oil in the final drives, but I may wait until winter as I have to remove the tracks completely to do so.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. I'm a novice but am set on learning how to take care of this machine myself.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I recently purchased a 2002 Bobcat T190 with 1275 hours on it. Before I put the machine to work, I'd like to perform all of the preventative maintenance as all of the filters currently have 2013 as the last service date. So far I've changed the oil and filter, the air filters, both cabin filters, the fuel filter and greased all of the fittings. Next I would like to change the hydraulic fluid and filter, but I'm not exactly sure how to do this. The manual says pump out the hydraulic fluid, but I'm unsure as to how to go about doing this. Can anyone provide step by step instructions and what they would use to pump the fluid out with?

Also, what other hydraulic filters need changed besides the one in the engine compartment? Anything I should know about those filters? Can you provide step by step instructions? I will also need to change the oil in the final drives, but I may wait until winter as I have to remove the tracks completely to do so.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. I'm a novice but am set on learning how to take care of this machine myself.
Pump out the tank with a pump with a hose to reach the bottom of the tank. I can look at the books for any other filters like a pilot filter. Also check you drive belt tension for the drive pump .What's your email address ?