• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat s330 LH drive looses all power, need ideas

Clint485

Machine is a 2007 Bobcat S330 w SJC 2243hrs. I bought the machine like this and I'm running out of ideas. The left side drive is very weak. Pretty much can't move itself. When controls are switched to ISO or H controls you have the same outcome but I've been using H controls to isolate motor movement. With the left hand stick pushed forward the machine will try to start forward (or backwards) and move about 6 inches then stop and do nothing. On the right side the machine will move and travel forward almost completely straight with no issues. No madder engine speed or what the left side will just jump a few inches then do nothing.

I swapped LH motor with the RH motor to see if it was a motor issue, no change. Problem still on the LH side. I went through both motors before the swap and found no issues. Minimal wear and the LH side motor was resealed before I purchased. This motor is now on the right side of the machine because of the swap trouble shooting.

I pulled the engine and pumps, tore through the pumps thinking I would find damage to the rotating group on the LH pump and found nothing. Hardly any polishing on machined faces, no scoring, no gouging, no sludge, no metal in any oil anywhere. Didn't find any broken relief springs, no pitting or anything on valve faces. I didn't go through the charge pump. Charge pressure is around 330psi (system screen) and there are no lift tilt issues.

She doesn't give me any error codes.
I've been going through the wiring harness because I though maybe there was an issue with the swash plate solenoids but they have all been oil tight.

I have a pressure tester but I don't have the Bobcat diagnostic tool with remote start...I'm getting quotes on it and about to spend 3400 on the test setup to be able to dig into the machine. It's hard to load the machine on a trailer to have the dealer mess with it and the machine is more of my hobby. Anyone have any ideas?
If I buy the remote start tool and diagnostic I was going to test pump pressure on the hydrostatic pump and was going to make sure that I'm not having controller issues.