• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat s185 bogs down when using hydrolics

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The only way to know for certain is to pluck the pick up tube out of the tank. I wouldn't go there unless troubleshooting points me that way.

darren mccloskey

You need to clarify "bog down". Does that mean the engine loses RPM, or does that mean the engine holds its RPM but machine functions slow down? I ask this because you mention that under hard load you can hear "the belt slip and squeak". I assume you mean the drive belt. One thing for certain on a Bobcat, if things are proper, no matter what the load is you should never hear the drive belt squeak. If you do, that's a problem.
I have a similar problem 2006 s 175 bobcat. I put a rebuilt motor in it and when i drive at full throttle no problem.If I try to dig into a pile of dirt it starts to stall out as soon as i feel put a load on motor.

Bill Jones

I figured out that I have one of the ridgid plastic pickup lines, so I was able to blow through to clean out any clogs in the fuel line. However I didnt try to fire it up afterwards because I'm in the process of replacing the muffler and dont want soot everywhere.

Bill Jones

Well I still haven't had any reliable luck with this thing. Only thing I have left to do is run it from a bucket and see if it works, and also I might try adjusting the tension on the drive belt

Bill Jones

Great news! I checked out the belt tensioner, and somehow the pointer was at 1 o clock meaning no tension. I used a ratchet and a pry bar to properly tension it, and the bobcat ran like it was brand new