• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat BCIS

Mobilewrench

Sorry, more info.
I have a T190 that will not unlock the implement control, no hoist, no tilt. The LCD screen that displays codes is half wiped out. There is no dealership on my island. So if it has to be programmed, I need a work around.
Anyone know the voltage on that circuit? I hate to override a safety feature on anything, but I need to.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Been there done that. Might double check the power and ground at the BCIS. A dealer on the mainland can put a new BICS module on one of their T190 machines, program it, and then Goldsteak it to you on Alaska Airlines directly to the Kona Terminal. I’ve done it that way when working remote.

Maybe I should just get my slippas and Aloha shirt and head your direction with my Bobcat Service Analyzer laptop. I’ll check flights.

Coaldust

Occupation
Minit Stop Maui Fried Chicken sounds good, right about now. I got a coop-on for a free spam musubi on my loyalty card I need to use before it expires.

Mobilewrench

That is a good idea about the dealer. I will contact the one I deal with on Monday and see if that is a possibility. Otherwise dust off that aloha shirt.

Coaldust

Occupation
If you don’t have any luck, check with Bobcat of Juneau.
907) 523-7920
Ask for: Colter B.
colter@bobcatofjuneau.com

They are experienced with dealing with challenging logistics. Plus, they are near the airport and will drop off in-stock parts at AK Air Freight the same day you purchase them.

Coaldust

Occupation
Mobilewrench,

The BICS seatbelt sensor circuit works on 5 volts and the output to the traction lock solenoid is 12 volts.

I’ll take a look and see if I can pull up the pin out. What’s your serial number?

Coaldust

Occupation
Copy that. I’ll see what I can do. I tried getting Hallback a wiring diagram earlier and failed miserably.

Mobilewrench

I think I saw on another thread that you come from gold in Nevada as well. Did my time there before becoming an expat. Round Mountain and Bald Mountain.

Coaldust

Occupation
Small world. Winnemucca. Had a single-wide parked on a couple acres of bug dust out the road in Grass Valley during the 90’s boom. That was a lifetime ago.

Mobilewrench

If you think the 90's was a boom for gold; we must have existed a few years apart. I remember gold being sold at 286$ per ounce. Myself and a couple others fought so hard over pennies that we invented copper wire. One of the most effective ways of getting through that was educating operators that tires cost money.

Coaldust

Occupation
I caught the tail end. Just out of a school. The timber industry crashed from the Clinton admin, The Tongass Land Management Plan, spotted owl, hundreds of mechanics and operators out of work on the coast. Wife was trying to start her career. She found the 14 bed hospital in Winnemucca needed an X-Ray Tech. Hospital offered her a $500 dollar sign on bonus and a place to live until we could find a place. The hospital administrator hooked me up with a Oiler position at the Chimney Creek Mine. We packed up our game and headed to the high desert.

Mobilewrench

Oh, wow...
That is pretty funny. I don't know if it was ageism or vanity. I assumed that you were the senior because of your very wise advice about getting the bcis pre programmed. I started pretty early in the Clinton administration.
The next thing I learn is that Nige is a steam punk hipster with ear lobe spacers.

Mobilewrench

I happened to stop by the machine today. It definitely is not by the seat. And I couldn't find anything that looked like that or any other kind of interlock computer anywhere on the machine. So it must be pretty well hidden. Been pouring through the parts book online and the only thing I found there was In the engine Electrical circuitry. Part # 6688439. Is that the bics?
Then where is it. The parts page I am looking at has it somewhere between the fuse box and this plug20210430_125921.jpg