• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 g 2003 error 32-39

sweden87

Hi,

Have loost against this machine Checked the wires between acuators and ACS controller and they look like new. Also Checked with Ohm meter. Installed two new actuators and a new ACS controller. Got the lift and tilt to work three times. New error code 32-39 Tilt actuator not in neutral (before ACS controller change ”lift actuators short to ground” error on lift). Shifted the cables between actuators and same code. Checked the voltage on the return wire (green) and have the neutral voltage on lift actuator 2,15 V and tilt 2,0 V. The referense should be from 1,8 V - 2,2 according to Bobcat service. The last time I got the machine to work it cutted of when I tilted and I got the error code 32-36. When i restart the machine I had error 32-39 again.

Can it be that my software/firmware is to old for the new type of actuators? I have version 22. I have not been able to calibrate because of the machine locks out the controllers and only time It have worked is when I startet the machine and directly pressed ”operate” button.

Please give me some new ideas!

ozarkag

See if you can remove actuators and manually push/pull the actuator to neutral. Should be not quite flush with the end of the body, you can use feedback voltage to see where you're at. Play with it a few times, trying slightly different positions. If you can get it to unlock, it will let you move it one way, then ( I think) code when you release the handle, as the valve is not attached to return to neutral.
Sometimes you can slightly loosen the actuator, calibrate, tighten and recalibrate. Be careful when tightening as they are sensitive to binding.

Although rereading your post, if you can swap plugs to the actuators, and your code stays the same, that would mean it's not the actuator, and you have a new controller, and wires check out. . . so. . .take a close look at the ACS plug, specifically the tilt return wire terminal, looking for spread "square" terminal, instead of narrow, tight connection.

sweden87

Thanks for your answer! I will try your ideas I have also shifted the acuators place not just with cables but actually the hole actuators. I have new seals but I have read that if there is a leak you can get that the actuator have more resistance and give you error code? I have the Float function on lift.

You do not think that it could be the software/firmware?

sweden87

See if you can remove actuators and manually push/pull the actuator to neutral. Should be not quite flush with the end of the body, you can use feedback voltage to see where you're at. Play with it a few times, trying slightly different positions. If you can get it to unlock, it will let you move it one way, then ( I think) code when you release the handle, as the valve is not attached to return to neutral.
Sometimes you can slightly loosen the actuator, calibrate, tighten and recalibrate. Be careful when tightening as they are sensitive to binding.

Although rereading your post, if you can swap plugs to the actuators, and your code stays the same, that would mean it's not the actuator, and you have a new controller, and wires check out. . . so. . .take a close look at the ACS plug, specifically the tilt return wire terminal, looking for spread "square" terminal, instead of narrow, tight connection.
Thanks for your answer! I will try your ideas :)
I have also shifted the acuators place not just with cables but actually the hole actuators. I have new seals but I have read that if there is a leak you can get that the actuator have more resistance and give you error code? I have the Float function on lift.

You do not think that it could be the software/firmware?

ozarkag

I have also shifted the acuators place not just with cables but actually the hole actuators.a
Just to be clear, you want to plug the lift wiring into the tilt actuator/ spool and vice versa. This is checking not only the actuator, but also for a binding valve spool. If it is the actuator/ spool the code will change to lift not in neutral.

Not sure on the software, new actuators are labeled as requiring version 63 or higher, as far as I know it will work, but might not calibrate. Maybe one of the Bobcat guys can help out on that. Did you have the new ACS controller programmed?

sweden87

Hello again and thanks for your tips! The cables in the connector look very good.

I've gotten the lift to go a few times now when the lift actuator is a little loose. Like this, while starting the machine I try to push the lift actuator sideways. Either the coil moves sluggishly or the actuator ends up a little crooked when mounted in the adapter. Can the lifting coil run too heavy? I have also nos changed the hydraulic oil and there was water in the old one. Before I mounted the acutor, I pulled on both coils and they felt equal and it looks like they stick out the same distance. My feeling is that it seems to be something mechanical causing it. Do you have any ideas?

ozarkag

I actually didn't know you needed to?
Most Bobcat controllers need to have a dealer program it before it will work. The reason is that the same controller can be used in different models, or machines with different options. But not all, if there are no variations possible it may be pre programmed. Did you buy it from a dealer? Or is a used one from another machine?
Hello again and thanks for your tips! The cables in the connector look very good.

I've gotten the lift to go a few times now when the lift actuator is a little loose. Like this, while starting the machine I try to push the lift actuator sideways. Either the coil moves sluggishly or the actuator ends up a little crooked when mounted in the adapter. Can the lifting coil run too heavy? I have also nos changed the hydraulic oil and there was water in the old one. Before I mounted the acutor, I pulled on both coils and they felt equal and it looks like they stick out the same distance. My feeling is that it seems to be something mechanical causing it. Do you have any ideas?

The valve spool itself may be binding.
Or the centering spring/ float detent on the back of the valve spool may have issues. These parts are inside the cap on the other end of the spool.

sweden87

Most Bobcat controllers need to have a dealer program it before it will work. The reason is that the same controller can be used in different models, or machines with different options. But not all, if there are no variations possible it may be pre programmed. Did you buy it from a dealer? Or is a used one from another machine?

The valve spool itself may be binding.
Or the centering spring/ float detent on the back of the valve spool may have issues. These parts are inside the cap on the other end of the spool.
Hello again and thanks so much for your answers!
I have purchased the new actuators from Bobcat. They should be pre programmed and since they have a reference voltage between 1.8 V to 2.2 V, they should also be correct. I have removed the hyudral package and removed both lift and tilt spool. They look straight and nice but the liftspool doesn't stick out as far in neutral as the tiltspool. Differens is that tiltspool is out 0.019 inch. Think the spring might be a bit worn after 20 years? In any case, I'm thinking of trying to change them and all the gaskets before I put everything back together. Or ca the main release valve cause problems? Not opeaning correct?
I had no spring or balls at the back of the lift spool and also no cover so think my machine is a bit older and didn't have that system?

sweden87

View your parts breakdown at Bobcat Parts Online . Will need serial number.

And all programming and calibration is in the ACS controller, not the actuators.
Hi, I don´t have the correct parts breakdown list for my snr 516227178. Can not use the adress you gave me so maybe that´s just for US?. Do you know if you can try the acuators to the hyudral package before i connect all the hoses? Thinking about trying it at the side with all the cables connected before mounting it. My idea is that it should be the same error code also then and I save some time mounting/dismounting :)

ozarkag

Attached is the valve breakdown.
You should be able to test the actuators with the valve body not connected to the hoses, and without the engine running. Will not work though, to try the actuators without having them mounted on the valve body, the reason being that the centering springs on the back of the spool need to return the valve nad actuator to neutral.

Attachments

• Hydraulic Control Valve (ACS) (W_BICS Combo Valve) (S_N 515842000 - 515848433, 516225000 - 516...pdf
    176.7 KB · Views: 9

sweden87

Attached is the valve breakdown.
You should be able to test the actuators with the valve body not connected to the hoses, and without the engine running. Will not work though, to try the actuators without having them mounted on the valve body, the reason being that the centering springs on the back of the spool need to return the valve nad actuator to neutral.
Hi,
Thank you for the valve brakedown-file!

I have made som progress. Changed the springs to the spools and the new ones are much longer than the old ones. (I double checked the number so maybe they have updated the part. )

Remounted the spools with the endcup and tried the actuators on the valve body without mounting the hoses. If I then have the lift actuator loose and pressing it sideways I get good referense voltage so they work. When I release the pressure the ACS light turns on and I Can ser that the referense voltage is 2.29 V.

Now to the progress.. :) I have also tried with some old type of actuators and they work almost every time so I think that the new model is not just plug and play like the Bobcat dealer told me. I need to update my new ACS-controller and calibrate with the new actuators.

But I cannot calibrate the old actuators with the sticks. Is it because I don’t have any hyudralic oil? I have read that the oil temp should be at least 26 degrees celcius when you calibrate and I have no pressure more than the spool springs

ozarkag

Don't think the old software will calibrate at all. Not sure, maybe a different procedure, but for some reason I'm thinking no calibration option on older software versions.

sweden87

Ok, when I try calibrate with the sticks I hear that the actuators moves alot then I get the error code 32-25 ACS calibration failure. It’s when I try the old type. The new type also moves but it stops with actuators not in neutral.

ozarkag

So it is trying to calibrate. You mentioned a new ACS controller, but has old software? Explain

sweden87

So it is trying to calibrate. You mentioned a new ACS controller, but has old software? Explain
Hi, Yes it try to calibrate with the old actuators for perhaps 6-7 seconds before I get the 32-25 code. With the new actuators it will try calibrating for just 1-2 seconds. If I hold the actuator a little puched sideways when it´s mounted loose against the valve-body I maybe can do the calibration for 4-5 seconds. Regardless actuators I get the 32-25 error code.

The ACS controller is new from Bobcat and has the software as it came with. When I press the "bucket button" I get version 22 and I think maybe it´s to old for the new type of actuators? Can it also be to old for doing the calibration with the sticks?

Thank you for all the help ! :)

ozarkag

Attached is the ACS acuator parts page. Pay attention to the actuator (#3) part numbers, and the mount adapter, (#32). As there are different mounts for the newer actuator.

Also here is a link to a step by step guide on justanswer.com

Attachments

• Controls Electrical (AHC) (ACS) (S_N 515837343 & Above, 516222766 & Above)_753.pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 3