• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 boom/bucket interlock

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
No I really don't. If people don't have the frikkin' brains to shut off a skid loader before they get out of it, I look at it this way: When the dumb ass dies he won't be able to reproduce anymore and bring equally stupid kids into the world!!!

Rodbuilder your beef is with the manufacturer and our legal system as it operates. Willie nor Crewchief designed the machine, however they are here giving their knowledge and time free of cost.:cool2

Instead of charging against the windmills of society, maybe take a breath and appreciate that some stranger cares enough to spend their time and hard earned knowledge trying to help you out.:cool:

It is their prerogative whether they want to share their knowledge and I, as well as many others on the Forum, respect and honor that choice when it comes to disabling safety devices.

HEF is free to join and free to leave.

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
And whatever you do, don't go to that heavy equipment forum and ask anyone about this because they're all paranoid and think that if they help you someone will sue them!!!"

So posting anything on this forum on how to circumvent any problems on it makes you REALLY paranoid, so you're not gonna do it??? REALLY?

One of the things about HEF that I'm proud of is that we maintain a pretty strong "safety culture." Lawyers and liability aside, I'm not a proponent of us ever getting into the habit of posting ways around a machine's safety features.

The only way we know you, RODBUILDER, is from twenty-odd some posts here. You might be a very cautious individual, or you might be a hazard to everyone around you. You might employ only very cautious individuals, or you might employ idiots, or you might let a 12 year old kid who doesn't yet have the life experience to be cautious around equipment fiddle around with a machine in your own backyard. And if not you, somebody else out there who never bothered to register and post here, or a couple of dozen such somebodies, could read this thread. This is, after all, the internet. We have no way of knowing.

While pointing to the lawyers is a good enough reason to not post such information, the fact that somebody, somewhere, could get killed, is a much more compelling reason to withhold it.

Neil Jones

To Willie or other experienced moderators, I have an old Bobcat 753 that blew a seal on the centre bucket ram. I removed the ram and had it reconditioned with a new seal kit. I replaced the ram and followed what I knew to bleed the hydraulic lines however my first question is 'How do I bleed the hydraulic lines, the whole hydraulic system correctly so I know it's done right?' And the second question is why would the Bobcat Interlock Control System (BICS) be flashing? All the lights are flashing, from what I have read my model must be a C or an F Series. Everything seems to be locked up at the moment and not sure how to reset or solve this problem. Your good advice and help is very appreciated.
PS: Where would I be able to get a full manual whether second or new I don't mind.

lonfu

read this blog with some interest due to the problem similar to mine. My unit was working correctly except had a leak in the lift and trim spool seals. I have a 01 753G 532hours, bought when 1 year old, with no seat sensor. all lights light up when I push the button, the lift tilt spool solenoids unlock, the parking brake solenoid unlocks so I can drive... when I tested the BICS solenoid mounted on the side of the BICS valve body it shows continuity.... I Had to rotate the entire valve body to get the spool valves out to replace the square cut Orings. had to remove the BICS solenoid to access some of the fittings to release the valve body so I could get the extra long spool valves out. Of course all of the hydraulic fluid in the entire system drained out and so I checked and cleaned the case filters and replaced the large hydraulic filter in the engine compartment. The refilled with ISO46. Now the lift tilt won't function, pedals are unlocked and I can get them to move just a little and I can hear the motor strain, but I can not get the lift to lower. Unit moves normal. I can't seem to find any data on what BICS sensor's input into their controller????

BICS valve body mounts on the face of the hydraulic body and the locking solenoid mounts to BICS body. The coil is removable and seem for blog entries to be problematic at best.

I've never had to bleed when I replaced the ram seals. Is there a is there a pressure sensor that communicates with BICS that could have air in it? But all the BICS lights are solid and no error code????

My battery is old but seems to be holding a charge and providing plenty of amps. I have seen where the battery was failing and wouldn't energize the parking solenoid but would start the machine, new battery solved the problem. I know that the BICS solenoid draws 20amps, which is a considerable draw and works with the parking solenoid, any one with experience with these problems???
The solenoids with the red wires are the Aux solenoids, correct??? these have no affect on the BICS activating, correct?

100_6363.JPG