• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BoBcat 325G Swing play

UpNorth Mini Excavating

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I just purchased a 2011 Bobcat325G a few weeks ago with 1900 hours on it. I noticed that when I have the bucket off the ground I can move the swing side to side at the turntable quite a bit. It is not moving from the arm, but from the turntable itself. Is this something common. Anything that I should look out for? I had never had an issue like this before. Another question I have is the tracks are in good condition except the middle of the tracks where the sprocket turns into the track. It has no more rubber and I can see the metal bars going across the track. I'm just curious as too why the rest of the tracks are in good condition except for where the sprocket turns in it. The sprocket itself seems to be in good condition as do all of the rollers. Thanks for all responses in advance.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Side to side movement of the swing is usually not something to worry about. Up and down movement would be wear in the bearing and that is something to be monitored. Not usually a problem there until you get high hours.

Wear on the drive cleats of the tracks is also normal. Watch for tears in the rubber that expose the belting. Rust in the steel belts is what causes rubber tracks to break.