• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bluetooth pressure gauges

robmcallan

just wondering is anyone has any experience with any brands of a bluetooth pressure transducer. ive seen a few brands on the internet just no feed back on them. I work in northern Alberta Canada so we experience extreme colds. and would be using them up to 5000psi. any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I like the Parker Sensonode system. The phone ap is free. But, the nodes are a little expensive. About tree fiddy each.

Once you install the ap, anytime you get within Bluetooth range, it will pick up the nodes. Any Parker nodes. My phone has detected them on planes, before.

Your local Parker dealer will let you demo a node if you ask. Fun to play with. I put them on Blackmer pumps.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I used those when I was at the dealer. They worked pretty decent

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What I have been seeing is the telematics solutions that manufacturers are using all the time now for remote monitoring. What are you going to monitor with them?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We used them for live testing so that the technician could sit in the cab and monitor pressures via a smart phone instead of having to drape test hoses all over a machine.
Can they also record readings over a period of time? I can see how that would be handy with intermittent problems.

And what kind of range do they have?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Ken, if you take a look at the link the pressure ranges are from 0-50 to 0-10,000psi, plus there are transducers in the same product line that also have a datalogging capability. Off hand I can’t remember how long the datalogger will run for but it’s measured in hours IIRC.

To access real time info the range is about 100 yards max, again IIRC.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I've been looking at the Parkers too, I really like their digital test gauges, but the bluetooth would be really handy sometimes, both on mobile and large stationary stuff.