• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best new seat for a dump truck

nedly05

So the seat in my Mack is starting to annoy me, it feels like it tips toward the middle of the cab, and when I take a right hand corner it feels like im going to fall out of it. I'd like to get a new one, something more comfortable for the long days, definitely with arm rests. Anyone have any reccomendations? Id like to spend $500 or so.

Thanks!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I don't know anything about pricing but Bostrom was in every truck I drove except Mack. I do know they are available at different levels of luxury and comfort depending on the budget. You might try a salvage yard too for one out of a low mileage wreck. Whatever you decide make sure it has a "fore & aft" sliding suspension, this allows the seat to float front to back an inch or two which absorbs a lot of cab rock. What a difference that makes at the end of the day!

nedly05

Thanks guys! I hadn't even thought of a junk yard or take out. Id like to get a big plush one from an OTR tractor!!! I may have to up my budget a bit to get what I want if I do go new.

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
You will double your budget for what you are talking about.
Go for a dealer take out, KW or Pete will be a very nice seat. Air suspended, air lumbar, fore and aft rocker, with armrests. Mine has gone 300,000 and so far I have only replaced the bottom cushion. ( 2006 KW T-800 Quad dump)

mitch504

Yeah, I'd like to get a new truck seat for $500 too. A new cheap seat will cost about $800.

When you are at the junkyard, keep in mind most won't fit in a CH due to cab height and floor shape, according to the normally very knowledgeable owner of a large heavy truck junkyard here.

nedly05

Yeah, I'd like to get a new truck seat for $500 too. A new cheap seat will cost about $800.

When you are at the junkyard, keep in mind most won't fit in a CH due to cab height and floor shape, according to the normally very knowledgeable owner of a large heavy truck junkyard here.

Yeah, after looking around I've noticed they are much more expensive since I bought my last one. Thanks for the tip on the Mack's, I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and see what they have available. I'll spend whatever I have to, just want a comfortable seat!

mitch504

I have the standard Talledega T915 (which this seems to be based on) in the only CH I kept when I downsized in 2010. I was looking for a replacement seat cushion for it when I found this place.