• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best compromise on a new tool box

ETER

barklee, that sure is a nice used roll cabinet that you linked to on epay...it would be really nice if they would take 4K for it on their "best offer". It would probably be the last big box you would ever have to buy because after you put some cheapo side cabinets and top chests on it you would have a lot of storage cubes with a good foundation box underneath!
Regards, Bob

partsandservice

I agree with JD955SC, I use the us general top box on my service truck. I have had most all of them in the same spot, snap on mac napa ect. The us general out last them all.

barklee

Yup, If you've been getting by with a craftsman, you'll be more than happy with a Harbor Freight.

Thats crazy to hear someone say that! I have no problem with Harbor freight..... Next time im there i will have to check them out.
They have some pretty decent cheap stuff there. I bought a couple automotive paint guns there the other day and they spray every bit as well as a $200 gun for $15! For that price you could throw it away everytime you are done painting.

JD955SC

There's a lot at HF that ain't worth a crap but their boxes are pretty solid, especially for the price. They've got 44, 56, and 72 in models, the 44 and 56s have top boxes available, and they also have add on lockers and a 7 drawer side cabinet plus they have a couple of very good carts too that can't be beat on price by anybody.