• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BELAZ 450 ton dump truck specifications released along with a model of the truck!!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Brian, if that photo in post #111 is really 500 tonnes of what I assume are steel test weights, then with steel having a density of around 8t/cu.m. how much more volume would 450 tonnes of dirt be..? Even if they are boxes of steel punchings which would come in at somewhere around 5-6t/cu.m. they still seem to take up an awful lot of space in the body. I still think that body is a tad on the small side.

alco

Brian, if that photo in post #111 is really 500 tonnes of what I assume are steel test weights, then with steel having a density of around 8t/cu.m. how much more volume would 450 tonnes of dirt be..? Even if they are boxes of steel punchings which would come in at somewhere around 5-6t/cu.m. they still seem to take up an awful lot of space in the body. I still think that body is a tad on the small side.

If you look through the pictures of them loading the test weights, they appear to be steel boxes filled with concrete. Concrete averages about 2.4 t/m, so the weights don't seem to be nearly as heavy as you are guessing. I still maintain the box appears to be big enough to load the rated 450 tonnes/500 tons into. Bear in mind, the weight are also sitting on top of blocking, and those cross ribs in the box, so there is likely somewhere around half a meter of space under the weights that is making them sit up higher, and appear to fill the box more.

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

That seems to be a pretty good looking truck, from this angle. The dreary background makes it stand out even more.

Any news on its performance?

Thoughts on building more?

That looks like a good sized load in it. Have the capacity arguments been settled?

Thanks for the update.

Cmark

I would think it would be metric tonnes (1000kg). I thought USA uses short tons (2000lb), not long tons (2240lb).

dominikat12

I simply can't imagine what tugging power a 360 ton empty machine which is 4x4 and has 8 big wheels would have .

dominikat12

The truck is officially under exploitation in Kuzbass Rusia now. Seeing how it works is truly impressive. The machine is 50% heavier than the previous 360 ton model still it seems to run smoothly. Belaz have claimed that as soon as they see bigger excavators they will produce a 550 ton truck. I guess such a truck is only possible with 3 axles. It won't be at least 15 - 20 years until we see such a truck (550 ton) if we are going to see one at all...

Check the truck and how it works here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGsEbeXm3I&feature=youtu.be