• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BELAZ 450 ton dump truck specifications released along with a model of the truck!!!

Jewish

BTW, judging from the video, Belaz are ready to create a dump load capacity of 550-560 tons (such a development is already available), but the problem is that there is not as large excavator, which can effectively load this truck.

And the development of the excavator with double the volume of the bucket has already begun. In the meantime, Belarusians will supply 75710 as long as necessary.

xcpromd

I was referring to temperatures that would go down to -45 Celsius (-50 F for our US viewers) pretty much on a daily basis during the depths of winter BTW .......

The steel used for the chassis is SSAB Weldox 700 E in 110mm thickness. Toughness @ -60 C is at least 40J (Hence the E). Norwegian Offshore approved grade, the only in the world so far with a yield strength of 700MPa, moreso in such thickness.

Manufactured in Oxelösund, Sweden, out of iron ore pellets by LKAB, Kiruna Sweden. Vacuum Tank Degassing temperature and rolled in the most powerful rolling mill in the world, 100.000 T. Quenched by 12.000 m3 of water/hour.

There is no other way to produce that grade and so far it is only produced there.

The tipper is made of Hardox 450.

xcpromd

Good luck trying to weld a chassis crack in that stuff at ambient temperatures well below zero then........

Weldox is called like that because it is the most weldable thing around and the welds have a high toughness too if well performed.

CET value is well below 0,3

Anyway, welding on a chassis is never a good idea. Fatigue is going to kill the truck.

This thing has a good FoS. I can't see why it should crack.

xcpromd

Can I ask if your background is the steel industry or heavy equipment maintenace..?

I'm a mechanical engineer working in heavy transport design. I have previous experience in the steel industry as an application engineer, my task was basically advising customers on how to apply steel and which grade in their heavy equipment.

Jewish

Official photos of third model of the 450-ton Belaz-75710

IMG_0588_min.jpg

IMG_0569_min.jpg

IMG_0572_min.jpg

IMG_0575_min.jpg

IMG_0584_min.jpg

IMG_0579_min.jpg

Jewish

Today's photo of the 450-ton Belaz truck

This is the 3rd model, as you can see still there since last year.

Second model probably gone to the customer. If so, that's could be or Canada, or Chile, or Peru (my insider info, I'm in touch with Belaz Chief Design Engineer since last year).

JJpel43.jpg

Jewish

Okay, I've got an answer from Belaz Chief Design Engineer (translated from Russian):

No, the second and third copies are still in the factory. The delivery conditions to Peru are being negotiated.

DbwDx3O.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I just have to wonder about product support for one of these if it has taken this long to get to the point of having one delivered to a job site.

Hope they at the least start them up and work them a bit to get up to temperature once in a while. In my opinion a machine can suffer more damage from sitting than from working in many cases.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Okay, I've got an answer from Belaz Chief Design Engineer (translated from Russian):

No, the second and third copies are still in the factory. The delivery conditions to Peru are being negotiated.
If the Peruvians have any sense they'll run a mile.......

When Belaz have sold at least 3-400 units of this mpodel alone and have them working all over the globe maybe the mining industry might take them seriously. Until then they remain nothing more than an interesting anachronism.

Jewish

This is the 4th 450-ton Belaz under assembly.

It is not 75710 anymore, but 75711 with the new Russian-made electric drive (instead of Siemens).

yccY9ld.jpg

Nige

Four trucks in seven years. An impressive production rate. Meantime the major manufacturers like Cat, Komatsu, & Liebherr probably produce that number every month.

With a bit of luck Belaz might hit double figures by the end of the century, but I’m not betting in it.

Nige

All the mentioned manufacturers are producing what's known as ultra-class trucks (350+ tons), which is the same category as the Belaz offering.
When Belaz hjave multiple 50-truck fleets of this model working all over the world maybe it will be somewhat of an event. I'm not holding my breath of it ever happening though.