• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Backhoes and chainsaws

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
That tractor is tough it's a weight lifter!

LOL...That is my low cost front weights. When I put the mower or brush hog on, it needs weight...so, I went to new holland. They wanted hundreds of $$ for a rack and the weights, and get this, it was not available for the foreseeable future. So, I had the idea to add regular weights. I was at Wall Mart and they had a pickup truck bumper hitch marked down for clearance. Then I bought the receiver, but made sure it was 1" like most weights. Found a piece of 1" threaded rod that I purchased when a Sears Hardware was going out of business. Last thing was to go on Craigslist for the weights. I got lucky enough to find a guy right by my house that was getting rid of tons of weights. I really didn't want them all, but he wanted them gone, and they were free. I now have a lot of extra weights sitting by my container, that I really have no use for...LOL Anyhow, I played around with the weights until it felt right (no more wheelies).

colson04

LOL...That is my low cost front weights. When I put the mower or brush hog on, it needs weight...so, I went to new holland. They wanted hundreds of $$ for a rack and the weights, and get this, it was not available for the foreseeable future. So, I had the idea to add regular weights. I was at Wall Mart and they had a pickup truck bumper hitch marked down for clearance. Then I bought the receiver, but made sure it was 1" like most weights. Found a piece of 1" threaded rod that I purchased when a Sears Hardware was going out of business. Last thing was to go on Craigslist for the weights. I got lucky enough to find a guy right by my house that was getting rid of tons of weights. I really didn't want them all, but he wanted them gone, and they were free. I now have a lot of extra weights sitting by my container, that I really have no use for...LOL Anyhow, I played around with the weights until it felt right (no more wheelies).

List the extras on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. $1 per pound. I've been looking for a nice used bench and weight set and can't find anything I'm willing to pay for. Used prices are almost as high as new around here.

XSKIER

I have a homelite 410 with no brake, and same vintage homelite 540 with a brake (late 80's saws).

@Swetz that thar be a 'bow saw'. There was a great write up some time ago on arboristsite about bow saws. They were designed as a pinchless chainsaw, ideal for cutting pulpwood.

I rigged this puppy up out of what I think was a poulan bow about ten years ago. I haven't used it much, but it sure is neat.20140425_095622.jpg 20140425_095642.jpg