• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Back-up camera on a skid steer??

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I've had a "request" to install a backup camera on a new Bobcat S650. Anybody had any experience with backup cameras on skid steers? Do the automotive systems stand up ok? Is there a heavy equipment version available? :confused:

iaangus

Take a look at "Ag Cam" they are very popular for farm equipment but also more expensive than an automotive back up cam.

tmc_31

Occupation
Sports Lighting Contractor
I am interested in installing a backup camera on my NH L190 Skidsteer. I have looked at the web sites for both cameras, the track vision and the Ag Cam and neither one gives any pricing information. Anyone have any idea what they cost? I know that you can get a automotive back up camera at Autozone for about $80. I am sure there is no comparison as to quality but...

Tim

iaangus

I'll try to post a lnk to a very informative forum page with a comparison of two popular ag use cameras.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=41093&DisplayType=flat[/URL]

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I've been checking out a camera lately myself. Anything to save the neck! I found these http://www.rearviewsafety.com/home-page-featured-products/rvs-770613-rear-view-camera-system-backup-camera-trailer-rv-cam.html. It's listed as a skid steer cam by TadiBrothers along with a video review, but I can't get their link to work.

I Will back you on this system JNB !!! … I've had the Rearview Safety System on my A-300 Bobcat for 4 years now with absolutely no issues …. I mainly bought it for Winter Snow-Removal where the back window you can NEVER see out of yet alone at Night …. The Sony cameras (2) that I purchased were the Heated ones that have the extra LEDS in them to prevent icing up or when the snow dust gets on them, in no time are they clear again ….. the Night vision is amazing with or with out back-up lights on ….. I've also appreciated having them when working in the rain, same thing the extra heat keeps the lens clear from moisture ….. These systems are tough and will take the vibrative torture that skid-steers naturally have …… "I Will Never Own Another Machine Without them" …….. Cheers

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I Will back you on this system JNB !!! … I've had the Rearview Safety System on my A-300 Bobcat for 4 years now with absolutely no issues …. I mainly bought it for Winter Snow-Removal where the back window you can NEVER see out of yet alone at Night …. The Sony cameras (2) that I purchased were the Heated ones that have the extra LEDS in them to prevent icing up or when the snow dust gets on them, in no time are they clear again ….. the Night vision is amazing with or with out back-up lights on ….. I've also appreciated having them when working in the rain, same thing the extra heat keeps the lens clear from moisture ….. These systems are tough and will take the vibrative torture that skid-steers naturally have …… "I Will Never Own Another Machine Without them" …….. Cheers

Thanks CRAFT!

Digdeep

In a way yes, but at the same time in others defense the ass on those is so big you probably need it.

That is true :) But you actually get the best visibility in the industry with it. I measured it at the Cat dealership and you can see an object a little less than 18" high and two feet back from the bumper.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That is true :) But you actually get the best visibility in the industry with it. I measured it at the Cat dealership and you can see an object a little less than 18" high and two feet back from the bumper.

Digdeep your kidding yourself if you think that is industry leading visibility.