• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Back in the Day"

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I was staring at that pic as well....I am going to say that is a Diamond T....roughly 47 vintage.Mine is 11 years older but very similar.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Post #542 picture#4 is a Hayes and #5 is a Diamond T looks like 614 model. Post #543 pic#1 is a Hayes

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Camptramp.you will go down in history as a legend.What an effort to collect all these pics and post them to share with all the old gearheads like me to savour.
My family always had one or more sawmills on the east coast of the USA so I have it in my blood too but nothing on the scale that I see here.I also worked in another sawmill in town here as a kid but it as still in my system and I for one want to thank you,I try not to miss these threads.When I say "here" I mean the east coast,I live in Connecticut now but I grew up in Maine.I mover here after I got out of the army and got married.Two mistakes,three probably.Ron G

Last edited:

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
camptramp,

Thank you!

That is the most remarkable collection of logging pictures that I've seen; pictures of just about every thing! That is a testament to the industry and the ingenuity of the men in the forest.

Thanks, again, for posting them.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Check third picture , Log is lifted off ground with "L HOOKS" . I worked with an old timer down at Sooke in the mid 1970's Ray Shambrook who had some great stories , one of them was when he was loading with "L HOOKS" at Elder Logging . He let go of his "L HOOK" scan 541.jpgscan 542.jpgscan 543.jpgscan 544.jpgscan 545.jpg at the wrong time and it ended up swinging into the logging truck's windshield .