• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

auger for excavator

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
need to drill some post holes on shorelines, nothing super deep,seems excavator augers are high priced compared to skid steer augers. if i keep the gpm close can i use a skid plated auger and just make an adaptor plate for my excavator. any body ever do this?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What size excavator?

I had a Bobcat auger that I could swap from skid steer to mini-ex. The auger worked better on the mini for maneuverability, could not tell a difference in performance.

Last edited:

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
excavator would be a pc78 so it has 30gpm flow but if idled down would be less gpm.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I installed an auger on a PC60 Komatsu and attached it to an I beam so it could drill holes in rock. It worked great. I did have to plumb a water tank into it though and that was a bit of a pain. I worked on another machine with an auger that he was using to core drill for footings. He had no problems with the auger. He told me it was a pain to keep the auger vertical as it went down. The boom and stick move in an arc.

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
I use mine on skidsteer and excavator
Hydraulic motor on auger don’t care what it’s mounted on. Just need hyd fluid to feed it