• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asphault releasing solvent, dump trucks

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Well the paving outfit, I have contracted hauled, for 3 years, has tightened their money. Well, they have quit furnishing us with releasing agent, to remove the asphalt, from the dump trucks.
Question, what is everyone using (dont stay fuel oil, you know we arent allowed to use that LOL) I do know a guy that delivered a truck load, to a state paving job and the state inspector, sent him back, he smelled diesel fuel, around the dump bed.
I have contacted several industrial solvent companies, Im waiting for their call.
It tough, sometimes to remove asphalt stuck/hard in the bed.
Im not new to hauling asphalt, but I am new to getting this crap off and out of the truck

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I think one important thing to do would be to get a list of what your State considers acceptable.

I've seen creams that look like hand lotion and a soapy water mixture at plants, neither of them work well. I worked for a paving company for a couple years and unless we were on an inspected job we'd lightly oil the body with a pump sprayer. On inspected jobs we'd use whatever the plant provided, but as I mentioned, none of them worked very well. After the job was over we'd oil the bodies up good and run some loads of stone with them to clean them out.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I think one important thing to do would be to get a list of what your State considers acceptable.

I've seen creams that look like hand lotion and a soapy water mixture at plants, neither of them work well. I worked for a paving company for a couple years and unless we were on an inspected job we'd lightly oil the body with a pump sprayer. On inspected jobs we'd use whatever the plant provided, but as I mentioned, none of them worked very well. After the job was over we'd oil the bodies up good and run some loads of stone with them to clean them out.

Thanks, Ill check on that

PSDF350

Just a thought, but did the stuff the paving company provide work? If so ask them what it is and where to get it.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
They didnt provide the solvent to remove the setup asphalt, just the releasing solvent. Then the DOT wouldnt approve this and they are having to go with a very expensive releasing solvent and they will not let us have any of this. They are going to spray the beds, but they dont use much of it. This causes, the asphalt to setup and it takes fuel oil (or a approved solvent) to dissolve it. The paving company, at one time was providing the removal solvent, about a year ago, but no one remembers what it was.
I just wondered what everyone else was doing, about this.

PSDF350

They didnt provide the solvent to remove the setup asphalt, just the releasing solvent. Then the DOT wouldnt approve this and they are having to go with a very expensive releasing solvent and they will not let us have any of this. They are going to spray the beds, but they dont use much of it. This causes, the asphalt to setup and it takes fuel oil (or a approved solvent) to dissolve it. The paving company, at one time was providing the removal solvent, about a year ago, but no one remembers what it was.
I just wondered what everyone else was doing, about this.

Sorry like I said it was just a thought but obviously not a very good one.

telescooper

For an approved release agent or solvent try orange solvent. Orange solvent works almost as good as diesel. Buy it by the gallon then you can dilute it if necessary. We use orange solvent on the paver instead of diesel. Powdered laundry soap will work for a release agent on the bottom of the truck bed, just broadcast some detergent across the bed, however it won't dissolve hard asphalt.
Telescooper

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Thanks for that info, is this orange solvent something you get at like Home Depot, or is it a speciality item, that must come from a vender.
Thanks

busdrivernine

ASPHALT bed liner would work that is if you can afford it it is out of my price range right now . Last time I cjecked think that was range for a low of 3500.00 to a high around 5,000.00 OUCH!!!!!
Here is a few :
RELEASE AGENTS FOR USE ON HOT MIX ASPHALT (HMA) HAULING EQUIPMENT
BRAND NAME SUPPLIER AND LOCATION(s)
039 Biodegradable Asphalt Release
044 Biodegradable Asphalt Release Chemite
Waverly, NY
20:1 Asphalt Release Franmar Chemical, Inc.
Normal, IL
29-AR Asphalt Release Agent NOCO Energy Corporation
Kingston, NY
Liverpool, NY
Tonawanda, NY
Williston, VT
2061-A
2061-B
2384-B
8277 ChemStation International, Inc.
Dayton, OH
37-SX-89 Tar Slide Selig Industries
Atlanta, GA
AP-50 Blue Diamond Black River Paper Company, Inc.
Watertown, NY
Aqua Slip® Chemtek, Inc.
Yanceyville, NC
AR-1 Asphalt Release Agent Dynasty Chemical Corporation
Albany, NY
AR-92 Emulso Corporation
Buffalo, NY
AS-Release 570154
AS-Release 570156 Asphalt Solutions
Litchfield Park, AZ
Asphalt Release Chem-Tech, Inc.
Albertville, MN
Asphalt Release Simoniz USA
Bolton, CT
Asphalt Release Agent The Bullen Companies, Inc.
Folcroft, PA
Asphalt Release AR-2000 Franklynn Industries, Inc.
Loveland, OH
BCS Polyglide
BCS Release Agent SD Basic Chemical Solutions
Redwood City, CA
Big Red Texas Refinery Corporation
Fort Worth, TX
BIOACT AR-405 Petroferm Inc.
Fernandina Beach, FL
Bio-Kream Presto Chemical Company
Roswell, GA
Black Magic 13
Black Magic for Drag Slats
Black Magic for Rubber
Black Magic for Trucks The ChemMark Corporation
Fort Worth, TX
Blaw-Kote Ingersoll-Rand Company
Chambersburg, PA
Blue Line Chemsearch
Irving, TX
BR 549 Montgomery Manufacturing Company
Kennedale, TX

Buckeye Shopmaster Buckeye International Inc.
Maryland Heights, MO
CHEMSEARCH CONCENTRATE Chemsearch
Irving, TX
ChemStation 2061
ChemStation 2384
ChemStation 5563
ChemStation 5594 ChemStation, New England
South Windsor, CT
DART 4 Hill and Griffith Company
Cincinnati, OH
DIVER-SLIP DuBois Chemicals
Cincinnati, OH
EconoPave 1000 Economy Compounds, Inc.
Crestwood, IL
Empire Foam Plus
Empire Slide Plus Empire Services
Roswell, GA
Enviro-Slide New England Marketing Consultants, Inc.
Providence, RI
E-Z-Go United Laboratories, Inc.
St. Charles, IL
FLOCULITE 600 DuBois Division of Diversey Corporation
Cincinnati, OH
Foaming Asphalt Release Commercial Maintenance Supply, Inc.
Syracuse, NY

GEOMELT® 55 Anti-Icing Fluid Horizon Products
Muscatine, IA
HD 5895 ChemStation, New England
South Windsor, CT
Hodgie’s Special Truck Bed Spray United Laboratories, Inc.
St. Charles, IL
Ice Ban Magic I.M.U.S., Inc.
Gansevoort, NY
Kwik-Release Presto Chemical Company
Roswell, GA
Mold Release Agent Solvents and Petroleum Service, Inc.
Syracuse, NY
M/M Asphalt-Release-DL Chemsearch
Irving, TX
NATURAL RELEASE Empire Services
Roswell, GA
No. 1 Asphalt Release Agent Compound Technologies, Inc.
Cartersville, GA
Phalt Free Empire 2000 Empire Services
Roswell, GA
Poly-Slip DuBois Chemicals, Inc.
Cincinnati, OH
Presti Slip Prestige Laboratories Inc.
East Rutherford, NJ
Professional VANI-SOL® Multi-Surface Concentrated Cleaner Reckitt Benckiser, Inc.
Wayne, NJ
Q-Slide 554 QualiChem Inc.
Salem, VA

RA-2 Golden West Industries, Inc.
Price, UT
Radi-aze Dubois Chemicals, Inc.
Cincinnati, OH
Release BT
Industrial Controls
Bronx, NY
Release Compound, AT Concentrate Baums Castorine Company, Inc.
Rome, NY
Reliable Asphalt Release Reliable Products Corporation
Canastota, NY
R.C. 1-25 R.J.C. Environmental Services
Bow, NH
SLICK Arrow-Magnolia
Dallas, TX
SLIP N SLIDE Emulso Corporation
Buffalo, NY
Slipeazee 2000
Slipeazee Natural
Slipeazee SB Rochester Midland
Rochester, NY
Soponol Surpass Chemical Company, Inc.
Albany, NY
SPX-7 Compound Technologies, Inc.
Cartersville, GA
SS-AR Asphalt Release Agent NOCO Energy Corporation
Kingston, NY
Liverpool, NY
Tonawanda, NY
Williston, VT
S-Slide 766 QualiChem Inc.
Salem, VA
Super Slip Solar Chemicals Inc.
Atlanta, GA
Synthetic Release Industrial Controls
Bronx, NY
TBRA 7191
TBRA 8254 ArrMaz Custom Chemicals, Inc.
Winter Haven, FL
Tec-Shield
Teclon-Pro Tec-Team Industries, Inc.
Smyrna, GA
Tomorrow
Tuff-Act MicroBlend, LLC
Morrow, GA
Valvoline Cling Free Release Agent The Valvoline Company
Lexington, KY
Westech CT-1400
Westech CT-1440 Chem-Tech Solutions, Inc.
Belmont, NC
Zep Asphalt Release FA
Zep Asphalt Release Freeze Free
Zep Asphalt Release Special Mix
Zep E2008 Asphalt Release (XT-3199)
Zep R-5274
Zep R-6690 Zep Manufacturing Company
Atlanta, GA

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
asphault solvent

Well the paving outfit, I have contracted hauled, for 3 years, has tightened their money. Well, they have quit furnishing us with releasing agent, to remove the asphalt, from the dump trucks.
Question, what is everyone using (dont stay fuel oil, you know we arent allowed to use that LOL) I do know a guy that delivered a truck load, to a state paving job and the state inspector, sent him back, he smelled diesel fuel, around the dump bed.
I have contacted several industrial solvent companies, Im waiting for their call.
Im not new to hauling asphalt, but I am new to getting this crap off and out of the truck

Thanks guys, I bought some citrus orange releasing agent. It works good, maybe a little better than diesel fuel and it smells better. Kinda pricey $550 for 55 gal

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
CCS said:
Check out my web site then give me a call.

CCS, I trust you've read the forum rules, especially the advertising policy:

Aside from “For Sale” forum intended for the sale of member’s personally owned equipment, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

(I'm pointing it out because a lot of people apparently don't bother reading it before they post commercial solicitations.) ;)

Thanks for the information, and welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. :)

ReleaseAgent

I make it

I worked for 18yrs as a chemist and we made release agent. Im starting my own business and am looking for sum people interested in maybe a trial. Typically we made water emulsifiable stuff but I do have sum similar to fuel oil(no petroleum) that you would apply just like fuel oil. Any help in developing some various products would be helpful. How much do you use each truckload? What prices you payin now?

ronnie

willis you ever haul for REA they been pavin a section of new rd between blacksburg sc and york now thats the smoothest sectoin of rd i been on in along time