• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

asking for reviews

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I have been running CAT 299XHP and 289D's...Both are awesome machines and have been trouble free. The 299XHP is the biggest and baddest on the market today.

Fickster

Well after bein gone on the road haulin fat cattle. John deere dealer was the most supported n I'm purchasing and ordering a 333e. I asked for quotes on extended WARRANTY.
Extended warranty is as follows

1yr normal

1 yr extended 2000hr max** is $2607

*1yr normal

2 yr extended 2000hr max is* $3479

*************** ************ 3000hr max is* $5226
1 yr normal

3 yrs extended 2000hr max is $5597

I'm personally don't think it'll b worth it scince I'm using it on the ranch when I'm gone workin. What you guys thinks

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The controls just weren't responsive enough for pushing out stalls or working along structures....jerky, they lagged and then responded. He said the machine had a mind of its own. Ksss has also posted on his experiences that were similar along with a few others. I actually see more E series in competitive dealer yards than any other new model skids or CTLs. IMO that means that guys aren't that happy with them.

It sounds like the OP bought a Deere. The power of JD marketing is strong with some, usually the Ag guys seem most susceptible. The green tractor and the yellow CE stuff are not the same. I could not believe that the 328E I ran was as poor of a machine from an operations standpoint as it was (I didn't like the ergonomics in the cab either). At this stage in EH evolution, it's poor performance was really surprising to me. Some guys apparently are OK with the EH performance since apparently they do sell a fair number of these machines. However I personally would never buy or chose to run one if I had to make a living running one.

Just as a clarifying point, the CASE machines are 90 hp gross 84 net, but typically with about 282 foot pounds which puts them at or near the top of list depending on model. They don't run out of power, even at 10K feet elevation. I have been really happy with the power of my large frame CASE machines.

Digdeep

Well after bein gone on the road haulin fat cattle. John deere dealer was the most supported n I'm purchasing and ordering a 333e. I asked for quotes on extended WARRANTY.
Extended warranty is as follows

1yr normal

1 yr extended 2000hr max** is $2607

*1yr normal

2 yr extended 2000hr max is* $3479

*************** ************ 3000hr max is* $5226
1 yr normal

3 yrs extended 2000hr max is $5597

I'm personally don't think it'll b worth it scince I'm using it on the ranch when I'm gone workin. What you guys thinks

Good luck with your new machine. I would make sure you run it in some tight confined spaces before you run it near your cattle pushing stalls or anything like that. I've talked to a few small dairy owners who got rid of their E series Deeres because the EH controls aren't responsive enough and they hit a few cattle and had to put them down. The machine kind of had a mind of its own according to them.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Had nothing but problems on my Deere CTL's....drive motor going after 1000 hours and costing 15k to replace and flush with no help from Deere and I have been buying Deere farm equipment my whole life. Not a great pick in my opinion but good luck none the less...

Fickster

First off I want to thank you all for your time and sharing your knowledge, experience and so forth. I appreciate it n if any of ya all was near me I'd give you a beer n a juicy steak.

It's seems no matter what brand you buy there's always a person that loves it or don't care for it or hates it.

I personally felt I gave I have several dealers a fair chance for their businesses n alot of you are not probably are aware of who I really am.

This is my personal experience with some of the brand you all recommend.

Case: I really do like the older cases before they start making case n new Holland looking like similar machines. I know case has better hydraulic hands down and that goes to the tractors exavators backhoes etc. I went to crown dealership in eldon mo n the man there said you don't want a case I been having nothing but problems with them and they're electric problems n the Kubota is the best buy. As I mentioned before my neighbors sons swears by it n it looks like a nice machine but I'm concerned how long do they last. I had several contractors told me that a Kubota runs good n they're impressed with power but hate the fact when a Kubota has 500 hours the pins n bushing are looser than a cat at 5000 hours. N that was the exavators n im.pretty sure they use the same mates metal kind in ctl n exavators for pins n bushings.

I didn't even bother to look at a tak or bobcat bc the good dealers are so damn far away n time n dustance is a huge factor to me

I didn't look at cat to hard because Jimmy cricket they're proud of their product n wasn't to happy with price tag but I know they're a beast n tuff.

Like I said I'm on the road alot haulin fat cattle along with feeder cattle meeting all kinds of people in the beef industry n you learn alot from them n i been running in kansas nebraska n surrounding states I've passed dealership everyday n i look at them I've seen some places they have em awhile n some places they're flying off the lots. I do see more used bobcats new Holland n case sitting on lots than other brands. Kubota deere n cats is all I see out here on road work zones or construction outfits as I roll by them. I try to get the brand that's seems to be price reasonable n most used working everything is high. I just decided if I wanted one. Just might as well bite the bullet n get the brand new one so I know what I got and it's supposed to be the last year with out urea systems in it n i know they're upping the price by 4% by Jan 1st