• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

asking for reviews

Fickster

Well I'm selling my trucking company and will use some of the money to buy me a CTL
The CTL will be used strictly ag only on a beef farm /ranch. In central Missouri.
I will buy a 90-100 horse range because there will be alot of heavy lifting n pushing n some land cleaning up n old barns demo.
Attachments that I will use
Tree shear
Box hammer/post driver
Grapple
Hay spear
Buckets

Just the average farm tasks and land clearing fence building and tear out

What are the machine make n model would you buy?
Why you would want that machine?

It needs to be easily accessible to service n minor repairs

Easily to clean cab out. I hate dirty cabs that goes to all the trucks n tractors we have.

I'm looking at a 333e
We run deere tractors n some of their hay implements n have great luck with them along w dealer support

movindirt

If I was going brand new I would look at the Cat 299DXHP or a Takeuchi TL12, if your a farmer and used to comfortable tractors, then the Cat would be right up your ally lol ;)

Fickster

If I was going brand new I would look at the Cat 299DXHP or a Takeuchi TL12, if your a farmer and used to comfortable tractors, then the Cat would be right up your ally lol ;)

I'll look at the cat but will pass on the tak because their dealer is 2 hrs away n the deere n cat is just a 45 min drive I was told that cat are like 20 thousand higher than deere price

Tags

If both Deere and Cat are that close I would have them both out for a demo. I would bet the Cat may be a more money but it's way more machine than the Deere and in my opinion is better designed as well. If you demo both that may give you some leverage in price as well.

Fickster

Good point tags. Far as I gotten is the what they have specs out on the paper but have not ran them yet

Shimmy1

Ran Case, Cat, Kubota, and Bobcat last fall. Wanted to try a Deere, but the salesman is a tool and we decided if that's how they were going to be, service would probably be the same. As far as iron goes, the Cat is a nice machine, but the Bobcat beats it in comfort. The controls are flawless. My vote us for a Bobcat T770.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Wanted to try a Deere, but the salesman is a tool and we decided if that's how they were going to be, service would probably be the same. .

Must be they all go to the same meetings....I inquired about (2) used JD tracked machines, and asked if
I may rent one for the weekend to try it, I would put about 8 hours on it over those 2 days, and figured that may a bit
much for a "test drive", honest guy I am (or attampt to be).

Gave me the forms for accounting, including wanting my bank account numbers (not gonna happen)
and never called me on Monday (as promised).

The local rental place don't need all that.

Shimmy1

Must be they all go to the same meetings......
I've only ever been happy with one Deere guy, and he left and went to Cat. Wanted to try the Deere last fall. NO call back. After three days, called and asked for a price. Brand new, no trade, no finance. Just tell me how much. Never called back. So, I am not, and will not be running Deere any time soon.

Fickster

The local bobcat dealer here is a joke. There a really good bobcat dealer but it 2 hrs away and that goes to the same as tak.
I passed out on case from my research on case site is the biggest CTL they male is 80 horses????? If anyone want to correct me. I'm all ears.
I looked at cat it seems like the acess to service is tight and poor visual out the back and the drive motor is not covered so if you get a stick in it n bust a line your screwed.

I found a low hr one. Called them up n they asked where I'm from n come to find out I live in a protected area and they can not talk to me unless they have permission from my local dealer. I called the local dealer and we talked a Lil. I went down in person n i can't belive I can buy a brand new machine for less than what other dealers Want for a used low hrs one. I will b gettin a deere 333 e

The dealer I'm buying this loader from.is the same dealer my family cattle operation buy their tractors n hay equipment from. And we had very good luck n service with them

Last edited:

Digdeep

The local bobcat dealer here is a joke. There a really good bobcat dealer but it 2 hrs away and that goes to the same as tak.
I passed out on case from my research on case site is the biggest CTL they male is 80 horses????? If anyone want to correct me. I'm all ears.
I looked at cat it seems like the acess to service is tight and poor visual out the back and the drive motor is not covered so if you get a stick in it n bust a line your screwed.

I found a low hr one. Called them up n they asked where I'm from n come to find out I live in a protected area and they can not talk to me unless they have permission from my local dealer. I called the local dealer and we talked a Lil. I went down in person n i can't belive I can buy a brand new machine for less than what other dealers Want for a used low hrs one. I will b gettin a deere 333 e

The dealer I'm buying this loader from.is the same dealer my family cattle operation buy their tractors n hay equipment from. And we had very good luck n service with them

I hope you like the controls. I spent some time talking to a dairy operator that got rid of his fleet of 4 E series Deeres because their E/H controls were so bad. He had to put down a couple cows because he hit them when the machine wouldn't do what he wanted it to do. Common problem with them.

Fickster

****. I hope that don't happen. Did he give any examples what It did??
I got the performance package the one with h n i switch. Button start Yada yadda

Digdeep

****. I hope that don't happen. Did he give any examples what It did??
I got the performance package the one with h n i switch. Button start Yada yadda
The controls just weren't responsive enough for pushing out stalls or working along structures....jerky, they lagged and then responded. He said the machine had a mind of its own. Ksss has also posted on his experiences that were similar along with a few others. I actually see more E series in competitive dealer yards than any other new model skids or CTLs. IMO that means that guys aren't that happy with them.

Fickster

Guessing you watched some Bobcat Advantage videos? :D :rolleyes: :bash

No what video would that be?
I just look at what they had specs out on the brochure
I go n look at them in person n play a Lil dumb till sales man is done n we talked bout some other brands n compare them

movindirt

No what video would that be?
I just look at what they had specs out on the brochure
I go n look at them in person n play a Lil dumb till sales man is done n we talked bout some other brands n compare them

They were a bunch of videos Bobcat released on youtube basically bashing other brands, usually making a mountain out of a mole hill. That was one thing they went over board on, hose routing, I'll try to find the video and post it.

fencefool

We run all case machines the oldest having over 5000 hours and still picks up round bales. I design and build specialty post pounders that are not like anything on the market and if you are going to buy a post pounder as you described, try to find a CTL with a vertical lift. Helps with keeping the post straight without to mush movement. Our biggest machine is a Case 420ct and it will lift a pallet of quikrete mix off a trailer. I have been using a Deere for our newest pounder and it is a beast but the cab is not very comfortable or functional. Sat in a newer Deere and it was like a space shuttle with all bells and whistles. Couldn't figure out how to run it. Dealer availability would be a big factor in my decision. I have to order out all my parts for Case. Doesn't seem like anyone knows what a Case skid steer or ctl is in CA. But, it is CA.

Fickster

We run all case machines the oldest having over 5000 hours and still picks up round bales. I design and build specialty post pounders that are not like anything on the market and if you are going to buy a post pounder as you described, try to find a CTL with a vertical lift. Helps with keeping the post straight without to mush movement. Our biggest machine is a Case 420ct and it will lift a pallet of quikrete mix off a trailer. I have been using a Deere for our newest pounder and it is a beast but the cab is not very comfortable or functional. Sat in a newer Deere and it was like a space shuttle with all bells and whistles. Couldn't figure out how to run it. Dealer availability would be a big factor in my decision. I have to order out all my parts for Case. Doesn't seem like anyone knows what a Case skid steer or ctl is in CA. But, it is CA.

What is the pounder you got???

Fickster

My neighbor son got a Kubota n swears by it. I can't bring myself to bring a Kubota because they are kinda new on the market n wonder how long they will.last and resale value