• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Army mechanic transitioning to civilian work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Abrams Mechanic
Hey y'all,

I'm new here. I'm currently an Abrams mechanic, getting ready to transition out of the Army. I am trying to get into heavy equipment because the market is strong and the pay seems good. I love turning wrenches, I'm a greasemonkey to my bones. Right now I am trying to get in with Caterpillar. Does anyone have any advicr, tips, insight into being a Cat dealter tech?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's a good place to start but a lousy place for a career. If you can walk, read above grade school level and are drug free you will have no problems finding work right now.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Alabama Hammer, good to see another from the state I call home and thank you for your service.

Here on HEF we like to keep the same topic in just one thread as it keeps the board clean and consolidates our knowledgeable members replies in one thread.

I am going to close this thread and everyone who wants to contribute can go to this thread -
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/advice-for-a-new-guy.71944/

Status
Not open for further replies.