• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Arkansas Farm Pics

Occupation
Farm Manager
Isn't that you on the New Holland Tractor?

That's why I assumed you was billy bob.

You need to get some pictures on here of your awsome farm truck.:D If you will take some pictures of the Rubber on your Combine you will probably be a Hero on here.

BTW, Josh don't seem very proud of the Versatile.

Yea the farm truck is some kind of rig and yea thats me on the newholland...ill get some pics up of the jeep. and the tires IN ACTION! NOO! Josh aint too tickled with the versatile but thats good for em' to get a taste of a reall tractor and get behind the wheel of an old fashioned 855 Cummins!!

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Don't Drink the Kool Aid

I think Josh has been drinking the JD Kool Aid and thinks there is only one kind of equipment.

Occupation
Farm Manager
Yea the farm truck is some kind of rig and yea thats me on the newholland...ill get some pics up of the jeep. and the tires IN ACTION! NOO! Josh aint too tickled with the versatile but thats good for em' to get a taste of a reall tractor and get behind the wheel of an old fashioned 855 Cummins!!

I think Josh has been drinking the JD Kool Aid and thinks there is only one kind of equipment.

Lol! Yea i hear that....! I've been drinkin' all the Koolaids mixed up....we got one of everykind now....I don't know which tractor cap to put on in the mornings.:beatsme

roddyo

Occupation
Rainbow Farms

Lol! Yea i hear that....! I've been drinkin' all the Koolaids mixed up....we got one of everykind now....I don't know which tractor cap to put on in the mornings.:beatsme

Used to be people that had all different kinds of Farm Equipment was called Rainbow Farms.:D

I been tied up is why I haven't been on here. I been making a Backhoe Trade. I finally got it in last night, and sold it today.:D
I wish they all worked like that.

Here it is, a 420D Caterpillar with a 4 in 1 front bucket.

Attachments

• newpictures 368.jpg
    newpictures 368.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 970
  • newpictures 366.jpg
    newpictures 366.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 970

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sweet! Looks good Rodney. ;)

And it came from Stowers...right here in my hometown. Small world.

roddyo

Occupation
Small World

Sweet! Looks good Rodney. ;)

And it came from Stowers...right here in my hometown. Small world.

The Priestman Drag Hoe come from over your way also.

It was closer to the choo-choo town that I can't spell.:D

BTW, nice crane pics in the other thread. Looks like your dad made a little money at Oak Ridge.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The Priestman Drag Hoe come from over your way also.

It was closer to the choo-choo town that I can't spell.:D

BTW, nice crane pics in the other thread. Looks like your dad made a little money at Oak Ridge.

LoL...Chattanooga. Know the town well.

Yep, we did allright in the crane business. :)

ScottAR

Roddy, you work for Magee's? They usually do the FFA farm auction every year
for Greene County Tech school...

roddyo

Occupation
Roddy, you work for Magee's? They usually do the FFA farm auction every year
for Greene County Tech school...

No, I don't work for Magee. He sold a friend of mines equipment last week who rented his ground out and quit. All the local's was going to buy his backhoe, till they seen it sell.:eek: That's why I'm in Caterpillar Backhoe gathering mode right now.;)

J.D. "Red" Meredith was my next door neighbor so I kind of grew up in the auction business. I started out running the DR. Pepper Wagon in 1980 after the drought. I worked a couple of Tech sales back then and we done the State Sale once also back then.

I haven't worked a sale in about 2 years, the closest affiliation I have with anyone now would be JR. Hendrix. I had rather trade than work sales anyway. I was down at JR's sale today and it was cold with the wind blowing, we got in the truck and left.:D I don't miss working sales.

Last edited:

ScottAR

Looks like the versatile is doing a good job...

Good lookin' Cat there... They are almost as popular as Case around this area.
If you don't mind me asking, whats the shipping cost from choo choo TN to here?

I worked the Tech sale one year when I was in school. Try to go now if the weather
isn't too bad. Standing in the rain or ice isn't worth it.

td25c

Yep,The Versatile looks & sounds good Roddyo.I cant tell what your pulling from the sun glare on the rear window,Kinda looks like an offset disc but I dont think it is as it looks pretty wet.Cat rubber tired hoe looks good,I like the 4 in 1 bucket on the front,very handy.

roddyo

Occupation
Yep,The Versatile looks & sounds good Roddyo.I cant tell what your pulling from the sun glare on the rear window,Kinda looks like an offset disc but I dont think it is as it looks pretty wet.Cat rubber tired hoe looks good,I like the 4 in 1 bucket on the front,very handy.

That's a stubble roller 25c.

Somewhere along the line they changed the name of them on me. When I was a kid we called them a Snake Killer. :D

Pulling them with a 4X4 tractor is a lot better deal since you don't get stuck and the back glass is far enough from the roller than it doesn't get covered in mud.

It needs to be at least that muddy to do a good job. It the sandier ground that don't hold water as well usually gets a match.

Attachments

• newpictures 372.jpg
    newpictures 372.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:

roddyo

Occupation
Looks like the versatile is doing a good job...

Good lookin' Cat there... They are almost as popular as Case around this area.
If you don't mind me asking, whats the shipping cost from choo choo TN to here?

I worked the Tech sale one year when I was in school. Try to go now if the weather
isn't too bad. Standing in the rain or ice isn't worth it.

On the backhoe it was $500.00 and figured around 440 miles.

That was a back haul truck also. A one ton hot shot rig. It varies from that up to $3.40-$3.85 per mile if I send Robin out of J Town with his 7 axle rig. Once you get over about 38,000 Lbs. he starts getting into permits.

Robin is my favorite by far but if it gets around 250 miles or over I start looking for a back haul truck.

td25c

Thanks for the picture Roddyo.I see how it works,kinda like a forestry drum chopper for rice stubble,Cool! Dang ,if I was a snake an seen that versatile cumming though the field,I'd be getten the heck outa Arkansas.Snake killer is a good name for it.

roddyo

Occupation
Are ya floating yet Rodd? getting high around here...

It's getting cranked up pretty good around here.

This was taken from my backyard today, it's my neighbors pond. I have never seen it run over the bank before. I got my dozer in my yard but I wasn't going to cut him a spillway without him asking. The water was cutting into the bank pretty good over by the dock:eek:

Attachments

• newpictures 385.jpg
    newpictures 385.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 956
  • newpictures 386.jpg
    newpictures 386.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 950

roddyo

Occupation
Thanks for the picture Roddyo.I see how it works,kinda like a forestry drum chopper for rice stubble,Cool! Dang ,if I was a snake an seen that versatile cumming though the field,I'd be getten the heck outa Arkansas.Snake killer is a good name for it.

Back when equipment got over about 20 feet wide it really started to help with the snakes. Used to be pulling spills in some places the cotton mouths would be nested under them. Back when everyone used black plastic it was really bad.

We got a new peice of farm equipment a couple of weeks ago. Have you ever seen one of these before?

Attachments

• newpictures 343.jpg
    newpictures 343.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 922
  • newpictures 342.jpg
    newpictures 342.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 922
  • newpictures 341.jpg
    newpictures 341.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 922