• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody ever see a 10 on ice?

Deas Plant

Posing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Folks.
Personally, I reckon RollOverPete nailed it back in post #15. This galah is posing. The thought had also occurred to me that putting the ripper down would have stopped a lot of that skating around, which is why it ISN'T down. Even I had figured that out and I'm only warm-climate ice-virgin from DownUnder with NO experience of ice at all.

For mine, there are a few clowns there, not just the 'aimer' of the D10.

Just my 0.02.

Jck64

Use your ripper when you get in a spot like that. Back up as far as you can, then set the ripper in, if you can. Proper ripping technigue in a 10 should get the job done. Then you should be able to back up the spot that was ripped. Works for me in the snow and ice.

N.CarolinaDozer

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
:IMO I don't care if they where goofing off or seriously trying to work? I would have not been a the bottom of that hill filming that dozer coming at me like that!

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Answer to Brandt

I work for the "junk merchants" aka Negus and Sons, aka Sanford and Sons, Excavating!

JDOFMEMI

Funny the were playing "Hiway to hell" in the video.

Should be more like hiway to the unemployment line.
Anyone without any more sense than that should never be set loose in a million dollar machine

Dozer575

Banned
Occupation
Machinist and occasional pt Dozer oper
Its more like either an inexperienced operator just showing off some, or some kids that knew enough to get it going and play around. An experienced operator would not be doing that with the blade all the way up. I sure wouldn't.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
.... :rolleyes:... :lmao

OCR.... :popcorn

Last edited:

Sharky

Good action, but the jackass should have at least had the blade low. We always welded ice grousers onto the track pads for winter work. Though they are hell on lowboy and barge decks,they work great on ice.

I have had a few close ones over the years, the worse being, I was moving a 235 D up a logging road one time and even being chained up, it broke free:eek: Cliff on one side, ditch on the other. I luckily got pulled into the ditch. Unloaded the machine and I got going again, but the boss had a hell of a time getting the hoe the rest of the way up the hill.

Even if you have done something MANY times, dont always mean your going to make it. Better safe than sorry. That guy on the 10:Banghead

imabigdave

That reminded me of following a trail that a neighbor with an old D8-2U cable blade had cut with my D5B with 24 inch pads....I hit a patch of bedrock and faster than I could *$(% my pants I'd slid sidehill, bouncing as the tracks were trying to grab. That was my first lesson in why wide tracks are not always preferable. I don't think it bothered the D8 in the slightest.

I can't believe management would allow this, if MSHA ever got wind of this...

I worked in a quarry also, when the haul roads where slick, we would spread product that we made, safety first.

biggixxerjim

Now that did make me smile, I've worked with guys like you before.
Just remember,............. what goes around comes around. :spongebob

Well, that was more of a stab at a certain member of this forum..... Im just shocked Deas hasnt had anything to add to it......

Deas Plant

On adding something to it.

Hi, Biggixxerjim.
May I suggest that you check your private messages. I have sent you a PM and explained my position re the 'gentleman' concerned. I don't think he'd like the explanation but that's his problem, not mine.