• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Welder Dave

I think a lot of older logging operations had to go through a lot of changes in the industry and recessions and are lucky they survived. Lots didn't. The new guys haven't gone through hard times yet so have no idea how difficult it is to survive when things get tough. Wait till their machines need some extensive maintenance and repairs. It's easy cruising along with new machines but eventually they all break down. You need to make enough to get through the tough times.

Last edited:

JPV

I was there yesterday. My dad and I took Robby's A Model down, it is a log truck but has the fifth wheel on it for now so I guess it is legal to post it here. Lots of great trucks, not enough time to see everything there in one day!

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_182938726_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230826_182938726_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 28

Truck Shop

Dang, would have been fun to catch you!
I was the easy one to pick out of the total crowd-crusty sweat soaked KW hat faded black jeans with
a faded crimson tee shirt carrying a black sweat shirt- the reason I would have been easy to
distinguish---------------I was about the only one that wasn't wearing a shirt with screen print
on it. :)

Welder Dave

I was the easy one to pick out of the total crowd-crusty sweat soaked KW hat faded black jeans with
a faded crimson tee shirt carrying a black sweat shirt- the reason I would have been easy to
distinguish---------------I was about the only one that wasn't wearing a shirt with screen print
on it. :)
It would have been neat if your long hood Mack would have been there. It is every bit as cool as the other trucks there.

Reactions: JPV

Truck Shop

WWII manufacturing allotment for civilian use, everything else which is not listed went to
war effort Kenworth moved production to Yakima Wa from 42 to 45 because Seattle plant
was producing military trucks and airplane parts. Below is a list of national production
numbers for 1944. Most all of Kenworth and Peterbilt production went to logging, because
wood was a #1 much needed commodity during the war. Any Kenworth or Pete built in this
time period is a rare item today.
378042949_3541708056150483_6691820055075217221_n.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Post war Sterling, Vancouver Is. 1947.

Interesting seeing what appears to be a two way radio antenna in 1947.