• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Antique Logging Tools or Machinery on Dispay

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Any idea why it had the front end winch? Was it an ex BC Hydro truck?
I recall Richie Rankin telling me it was an Ocean Concrete Mixer and that Bill Robertson had purchased 2 of them . Bill Robertson I believe logged on the Family property at Mesachie Lake , the roads may have been basic , maybe a winch may have come in handy now and again .

Old Growth

If any of you are ever passing thru the Columbia Gorge, stop in Stevens County/Skamania at the Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum.

They have the usual pioneers/settlers/indian stuffbut they also have TONS of logging and timber and milling stuff.
The museum sits on the site of the towns original sawmill and the entryway to the building is lines with 3 stack pilings holding up the roof like an old lokie dump.
There is also 5 acres of iron waiting outside to be 'loved on".

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I love that place, I can spend hours there. My wife though just gets bored with it and goes and sits in the car after awhile. I told her she is going to just have to wear out the seat when we end up there.