• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another Perkins Pukes

steve wherley

just rebuilt replacement 3054e . here is what I do not like about 3054e NO lock taps on rod bearings ! rods get out of round with heat and hours and in Minnesota below zero start ups and if it's got !5/40 is real bad . Original engine junk rod bearing out and then broke crank and locked up .it was December and being used a below zero. customer said was using 10/30.Just my thoughts. rebuilt 3056 last year and 10,000 hours and crank polished and cylinders hone at machine shop to std. dry liners. Had rod bearing locks

Stephen Doyle

WHAT!!?? NOT a fan of the CAV pump?? are you some kinda Commie?? Lol
Those pumps are the simplest, sophisticated inj. pumps ever made.. & will run, + or - a bucket of dirt..
Now the plumbing was a weak spot. but the inj. pump itself was & still is, a masterpiece of simplicity.. IMO

as to the other posts about mergers, Cat & Perkins STILL have their battles.. weather you call them>
Perkapillars or Cat-a-Perks.. when it comes down to diagnostic computer work, the systems STILL wont talk to each other.. & neither will the guy on the phone, when you call their hot-line about tech. questions.. lol
All you get is> that's a stupid Perkins problem, WE don't support THAT.. So you call Perkins & get the SAME THING, just turned around.. its a nitemare from a mechanics stand point... when all YOU WANT to do is HELP a customer & keep "their" product on the market.. running preferably..
BTW> that last sentence goes A LONG WAY when talking to a technical hot-line..
"hey buddy, you might have told that to the last 49 people you talked to but>> ALL I WANT to do is.. bla bla bla... & KEEP YOUR PRODUCT on the market".. & "maybe" we can ALL have a job..
I’ve read a number of your posts and appreciate your wit and humor lol!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Lol.. THAT was before I became old and jaded..
my wife bought me a t shirt that says, “I used to be a people person, BUT people ruined it”..,
Lol