• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Amazing new 450 ton-capacity truck REVEALED !!! THE BIGGEST TRUCK EVER MADE

dominikat12

Belaz officialy claimed that they were producing the biggest dump truck in the history of mankind. Now they have revealed the prototy ENJOY!!! It is simply amazing how huge this machine is . It carries 90 tons more than the current biggest dump truck cat 797f ( 360 tons) . It has 8 tires and is 4x4 (unlike the nowadays machines).

You can see the site here : http://www.belaztrucks.com/belaz-announces-450mt-truck/

I have uploaded the pics for you.

Attachments

• 75710.jpg
    75710.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 9,216
  • 75710a.jpg
    75710a.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7,173

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Well they still havent built it , or i could do some CAD drawings of a 250 ton lifting capacity wheel loader and say JGS Machinery makes the biggest loader in the world when i see it in a site working then i will say they make the biggest truck

dominikat12

They have announced this project for over an year now and they are actually releasing the truck in precisely 5 months from now... I bet the truck is going to be at least 60-70 tons heavier than all other truck making it excess 300 tons empty!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Quote from your link ..... "BelAZ officially confirmed the existence of their program to design and bring to market the largest mine truck in the world".

How does confirming the "existence of a program" actually relate to actually selling physical iron to customers..? Note to self: A few drawings do not make a prototype, at least not in my world.

One of the other articles had me in stitches also ...... a 900-truck order, but ...... a) it's to a customer in Russia, Belaz's main market and b) the units are a mix of what would be 4 models in Cat's product line therefore it would be safe to assume they are not all going to a single mine operation, and c) the 900 units are to be delivered over a 10-year timescale. So that's 90 units a year then ...........

I've worked with Belaz trucks before and TBH they might just rank slightly above Chinese in quality - but don't bank on it .....

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Interesting. I have just seen a slide show and a bit of video taken by a bloke who has been backpacking and living dangerously in remote areas of Russia.

He got access to a new mine being worked by many hundreds of what I would guess were fifty or eighty ton rigid trucks. Fair dinkum they were like ants and he reckons he was told by one of the mine engineers that in that in Russia they were coming to the conclusion it was more economic to use the smaller units.

Some of the quoted rationale was . . . .There were economy's of scale in the purchase, they drove them to the mine, they were simple, component parts were smaller and they were easier to repair, all units being identical inventory was simple, tyres were not an issue, there was no need for massive shovels and, what intregued me . . . they could easily maintain a predetermined economic production rate as the percentage of production altered little when a unit went down.

I was just about to post this on a new thread and thought it may be appropriate here . . . I have no wish to upset the O/P

I have no knowlege of this type of operation and wonder if you blokes in the game have any comments.

Cheers.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Well scrub puller a lot of coal mines and that work on that same idea in china they wont run big gear just tons of smaller machines it worked out cheaper for them and back up was also easyer but in saying that wages are the biggest killer in a contry like australia you could never do i just for that reason alone

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Good on you JGS Parts! I have often wondered what percentage of the overall cost structure in mining is actualy attributed to wages.

I mean to say . . . . if a mine is paying (say) a hundred and twenty grand a year to operate one of those Tonka's where does that sit in the overall cost of running the truck . . . versus what it makes?

Any one in management able to hazard a guess?

Cheers

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Scrub, FYI Scania are also pushing the line of a large number of smaller dump trucks versus a few larger ones. They tried to sell the idea to us. One of the plus points is that as the mining world is currently moving into another shortage of tyres for large off-highway trucks (37.00R51 and upwards) according to Scania it made sense to use trucks that were shod with something like 12R22.5 which are of course readily available.

dominikat12

We will see the truck unveiled at march. I wonder how much it is going to weigh empty. Currently the 360-ton payload haulers weigh around 250-260 tons. But if they are using the model given in the pictures I showed you I bet it is going to be at least 300-320 tons. Look how small the tires look compared to the chassis of the truck. These same tires are the ones used by the 360 payload haulers. This means that the body of the truck will be much bigger and thus heavier. This is going to be a beast. 4x4 with 4600 hp engine...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If it is possible to manufacture the truck, one has to consider the roads it will have to run on. How wide is this monster, what is the ground pressure and traveling stress on the road, what kind of road maintenance will be required and support machines that go with it. What are the haul lengths that would make this more economical than multiple smaller trucks? I would have to think that the length of haul would also affect the ton/mile ratings on such large tires. Drive train issues are also in effect on something this large. Are they diesel electric? I would have to assume so until informed different.

dominikat12

The truck is to be released in August which means in 4 or 5 months. I really wonder how much this machine is going to weigh. The current biggest trucks (Cat 797, Belaz 75600, Liebherr 282 and Komatsu 930E) have all around 250 tons operating weight. But looking at the prototype drawing this truck seems hell of a lot bigger. Just look how smaller the tires look compared to the body. I am almost sure the finished model is going to weight at least 310-320 tons empty. This is simply insane. And being 4x4 means that it will be extremely useful for towing purposes much more useful than bulldozers (the biggest of which are like 200 tons lighter).

Oxbow

I know little of this scale of production, but one must assume that there is a point of diminishing return regarding larger trucks. How much shovel is required to load one of these in 4 passes, and at what point must the shovel move in order to remain in optimum loading range. I know that on smaller scale projects if your hoe is too small relative to the haul truck size you end up reaching too far for material to begin with and digging underneath yourself too much at the end of a load unless you move a bit in the middle.

At some point I would think that a conveyor system would become cost effective on as large of a pit as shown in the video.

Again, I am way out of my realm of experience with this size of equipment, and I am sure that a very sharp pencil is applied to the calculations before embarking on a change in equipment size, but it seems to me that just because it can be built doesn't necessarily mean it will be cost effective. If they ordered bigger shovels from other manufactures to load these big trucks, and the shovels have been delivered, what cost is involved in waiting for the trucks to come on line.

dominikat12

I agree Oxbow. It is quite obvious that machine size cannot increase to an infinite degree. This new Belaz will weigh close to 300 tons and when you add 450 tons of material this totals 750 tons. Moving 750 tons with 40 km/h is a daunting task... Also if you can see the machine is much longer than the other previous stocky models. This means that it will maneuver much harder. As a whole the process becomes slower and slower.

CAT793

A 797F at 20% PLUS Target Payload (10-10-20 Payload Guidelines) and allowed to go into Machine Overspeed will be 710 T doing 72 Kph.

dominikat12

I agree cat793 but the new truck will weigh like 100 tons more and will be quite bigger. I am almost sure it will be slower. And in the end of the day those 100 extra tons of payload do not pay back simply because when you increase the payload capacity by so much you increase the truck weight by a lot. So we end up having a truck which weighs 100 tons more and carries 100 tons more which is not the idea tbh...