• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Chalmers HD6 Clutch Problem

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
If your HD6E is late enough to have the 6000 series engine in it instead of the buda motor Id consider looking for a oil clutch for it, off a wrecked HD6.
Oil clutch was available as a extra on HD6E 14000 to 14484 when it became standard on the new series 6E with the oil brakes.
A great little crawler tho. AC had a winner there. More HD6s were sold in New Zealand than anywhere else in the world; apart from the USA of course.
Merv

mdgibbs31085

Broke one of the stub shafts off of the yoke. Got to looking and the sliding blocks that go on the two stub shafts are pretty wore too. All of the bushings are out of the clutch engaging sleeve as well and the clutch shaft is all ate up. Oh yeah, and the pressure plate separated from the adjusting plate. Great times!

Anyway, talked to Norcan Parts and they have a comlpetely new (rebuilt) auburn assembly for $1150 and used auburn assembly for $750.

Talking with General Gear and waiting to hear back. They have some new parts and some used. I just waiting for the prices to come back.

Anybody have any other suggestions????

Attachments

• shrunk.JPG
    shrunk.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 801

mdgibbs31085

I decided to go with General Gear. They furnished mostly new parts, but a few were used. Total was around $850. Now I just got to put the darn thing back together.