• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

All in a days (or two) work pictures

JDOFMEMI

You are close. When you get on photobucket, there are 4 different tags on each piture you can use. I think the right one is the direct link. copy it to the manage attachments, and then hit "preview post"
If you have the right link, the picture will show, if not, it will show the link like the one you did above.

Thanks for posting pictures for us. Life is a learning adventure, and I like to learn all I can, and share what I know as well.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
DSCN0642 (640x360).jpgDSCN0643 (640x360).jpgDSCN0644 (640x360).jpgDSCN0645 (640x360).jpg easy day in the shop (to bad it was great weather outside), i installed a reman injectrion pump and turbo on the this 3306 truck engine, bled easy, started easy. I found the turbo had been leaking oil into the air to air cooler when i took things apart to get the injection pump off. The reman guy said the rack had been backed out all the way creating full rack travel by all rights it should have melted down, returned rack to stock, we will see what the customer says....the pictures are reman pump, bare side of block, and completed engine....... Theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
last week of may 005.JPGlast week of may 006.JPGlast week of may 007.JPGlast week of may 008.JPGlast week of may 009.JPG

i showed up because the master pin had busted and to install the two rear rock guards.. What i found was all rock guards missing (very rocky and steep unit) and this crack where the roller attaches. What you can't see is all of the rest of the cracking inside where all of the rollers attach. Besides some other virtical cracking in other areas. Removed and took to the shop to be repaired...the other two rock guards are 6 weeks out we may have to builds some. I will post pictures when project is completed.................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
Probably should have squared up that blocking!!!!!!didn't notice that till just now. It doesn't look like that from the side just the front. It will probably be sitting on its pans come monday, i'll take a picture if it is....theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
DSCN0389.JPGDSCN0390.JPGDSCN0391.JPGDSCN0393.JPG

lets see what this looks like..i haven't been doing any entertaining work lately and in fact been on vacation this week so i went to the archives to find a little show and tell..customer complained of rear locker not working in this skidder and rear diff was overfilling with oil.. i removed axle, removed diff and found that the last guy had missed the hole in the lock ring with the lock bolt, seals were out in the differential locker but the gears and bearings were all good..............theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
5-27-2012 025.JPG5-27-2012 026.JPG5-27-2012 027.JPG5-27-2012 028.JPG5-27-2012 029.JPG

I showed up to replace the brake seals and frictions. I tried to remove the frictions but they wouldn't come off the shaft because the final had burnt up due to no oil. I think they got some barbed wire (i removed some from the skidders axle) in the seal and with all the rain they never saw the oil on the track to much mud.................theironoracle

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Very good pic/s please keep posting. Thanks

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
ironoracle where are you based out of?

theironoracle

Occupation
7-14-12 028.JPG7-14-12 029.JPG7-14-12 030.JPG7-14-12 031.JPG
pretty simple project, the bolt that attached the piston to the rod broke and the rod pulled out of the cylinder. I realligned it, got it to the roadside, where i r&red it...........................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
7-14-12 007.JPG7-14-12 008.JPG7-14-12 009.JPG
removed and reinstalled a new head. This is about a 1000 hr factory reman engine in this machine. The injector had come loose right from the start and the company just kept running the machine until the hole that the injector was in was to burnt out to hold a new injector. This is large motor in a small package. Everthing was mounted above it. Air cleaner, muffler, a/c condensor layers of guarding, still (parts of) great couple of days...............................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
7-14-12 010.JPG
look it lived to fight another day, and it was still on its crooked block when i showed up....................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
039.JPG040.JPG042.JPG044.JPG
Been to busy to post very often, sometimes you have to work on your stuff YUK!! just an injector and high pressure oil rail gasket ..................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
065.JPG066.JPG

came to work monday morning and saw this, just wanted to share them, this is for loading over the back in think?............................theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
055.JPG067.JPG068.JPG
just disassembled to be line bored, rear trans seal, among other things, i must have dug at least a 30 gallon garbage can of grease, needles, and branches out of the back end of this thing...........theironoracle.....................have you ever seen a skidderhoe?

Randy88

Nice thread, keep the pictures coming of what your working on, is the truck cab in the photo your service truck?

theironoracle

Occupation
Yes Randy88 that is my service truck, the home away from home, i wish i had the time to take care of her better, its been turn the key on in the morning, turn it off at night, work on the weekends or run off somewhere with the family, gotta make hay while the sun shines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................theironoracle